18 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: Argent Adept player aids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: want-to-make [+] [View All]
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Not sure if this is the right place for it, but couldn't find anything more appropriate...

Just thought I'd shared something I knocked up for my own use in case anyone else finds it handy. I like the Argent Adept in principle due to his complex effects, and I've played him enough times I more or less get how he works, but every now and then a new player decides to give him a go.

"Right guys, I have this cool Melody and a good Accompany on this Harmony, and a so-so perform on that Rhythm that's not useful now but might be later. Okay, so now I can get an instrument that helps me do some or any combination of those, right! And they let me perform one and then accompany another, except sometimes not, and sometimes yes but on the same card? And if the right instrument for this situation does indeed exist, I wonder what unpronounceable name it has? Pardon me team, I need to painstakingly thumb through my deck for the next ten minutes with lots of referring to my cards in play and mouthing things like 'accompany text of a melody', while you either get bored or continue playing without me. Feel the drama!".

So that end, a double sided reference card to go with his deck, one side summarizing the instruments, the other summarizing (in some cases with slightly changed text to fit it in the box) his tunes. Hope you find it useful like I do!

Edit: Text on Syncopated Onslaught was fixed
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very well done, and thoughtful of you to share it.

I wish I'd had this when I was starting out with the Adept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fba827 fba827
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is awesome.

If you haven't already started to do so, could you put it in the files section so that it doesn't get lost in forums after a couple months for other people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AA only has 9 'songs'? Could have sworn he had more.

Kind of reminds me of the equipment and bounty 'cheat sheet' I was given the first time I play chrono-ranger. That was very useful. This looks even more so.
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going into my next online card order!
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the appearance of this one, but it's also worth nothing that Spiff has put together search aid cards for AA, Chrono-Ranger, Fixer, and possibly Tronx. He may well have done more by now. (kusinohki, I think you probably got Spiff's stuff.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
jsdougan wrote:
I like the appearance of this one, but it's also worth nothing that Spiff has put together search aid cards for AA, Chrono-Ranger, Fixer, and possibly Tronx. He may well have done more by now. (kusinohki, I think you probably got Spiff's stuff.)

I hadn't seen those before, but looking now they are quite slick! I think I do prefer mine though, as they are card sized so I can just slip them into the deck for storage (especially if sleeved). I usually keep it under the hero card during play so you can pop it out for reference when needed.

fba827 wrote:
If you haven't already started to do so, could you put it in the files section so that it doesn't get lost in forums after a couple months for other people?

My friends got me to make reference cards for Unity, Chrono Ranger, Wraith and Omnitron (and now I think about it I could do an AZ one because of Pilot Light) on the same lines as the Adept's above. As people seem to appreciate the card above, maybe I could put them into a package and upload them as a file together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adelphophage wrote:

My friends got me to make reference cards for Unity, Chrono Ranger, Wraith and Omnitron (and now I think about it I could do an AZ one because of Pilot Light) on the same lines as the Adept's above. As people seem to appreciate the card above, maybe I could put them into a package and upload them as a file together?

If you packaged them, and someone else organized a group buy, I would be happy to put money in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I can't say I've ever had anything I've made printed professionally - I just print my own stuff on a decent color printer from work and assemble them myself - is the format above appropriate for proper printing services?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Here is my design for Unity when she Flash Forges - Golems one side and Equipment on the other. Note that as all the Golems have the cannot be played text, this is summarized at the top to save space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it make sense to include how many copies of each card on the player aids?

Ie, Platform Bot (3hp) X3. Stealth Bot (5hp) X1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Good idea, I'll see if I can fit it in. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Changed the Unity cards to accommodate numbers of cards, and done cards for another couple of characters who sorely need it, Omnitron and Chrono-Ranger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note "The Ultimate Target" does not leave play when the target it is attached to leaves play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
So it doesn't... I never noticed that, I guess it's to stop it being recycled via Bounty Board and Ranger's Mark too easily? I suppose you could only have so many ultimate targets after all...

Thanks for the catch, will fix!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adelphophage wrote:
So it doesn't... I never noticed that, I guess it's to stop it being recycled via Bounty Board and Ranger's Mark too easily? I suppose you could only have so many ultimate targets after all...
Pretty sure the reason is that the text box was already too full. You don't necessarily need to be precise on the fix; you could just change "all bounties" to "almost all bounties"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Adelphophage wrote:
Pretty sure the reason is that the text box was already too full. You don't necessarily need to be precise on the fix; you could just change "all bounties" to "almost all bounties"

eh, yes and no. The flavor reason of 'can't have multiple ultimate targets' was cited by Christopher at one point. It is a valid enough reason, and with Jim's Hat able to destroy them, its an OK thing to do.

btw, OP, love the plating card. Nice job on that one for Omnitron-X!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Thanks for the proof reading - history suggest this is something I fairly consistently need help on!

Fixed Chrono Rangers bounties..

Last reference cards are...

In honesty, some of these are for the sake of completeness (it's not too hard to remember 3 Elemental cards, for example) but my players got used to it and started complaining when they had search cards and no reference cards.

Kids these days, back in my time we had to memorize thirty individual cards mumble mumble nine miles to school mumble mumble lost one of my ovaries in the Crimean War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.