Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

In the suggested courses in the manuel, we can see in the last one played in teams (yes, "tag team"'s the one) that you didn't follow the usual rule for summing all map indicators plus the start card's "4", since it would have been 10 (4 start card + 2 train crossing + 3 corner + 2 corner + 2 corner + 2 train crossing back, maxed to 10).

Two questions then :

1. I guess from this lowered value that each car of a team gets these 7 upgrades, they're not to be divided among the whole team. Am I right ?

2. In order to understand it for making our own scenarios, how did you decide this new value ? Was it simply the total sum (15) divided by 2 because there are two cars in each team ? Or your knowldege of the game telling you this will be a better value depending on the length of the race and difficulties in it (corners and obstacles) ?

Thank you,

Thomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas,

The reason that the total is different than is should be is that the final product has two things going against it.

1) The start card should have been put above the last curve, not below it.

2) It is supposed to be noted that the jump obstacle is not to be used.

I also didn't know they put the upgrade value in the description. So there should be no total shown (on any scenario). Occasionally things get put in that I should have caught but did not. There were so many changes that I had to address, that I didn't catch them all. I apologize for that.

I think that if you only count the start card and the three 2-value turns it should be a value of 10 per car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Erhm... I'm afraid I didn't understand your first point because to me the start card is over the turn (the 1-value in the bottom left corner of the map), and not below it..? blush

So, it's not 7 anymore, but 10 per car, and the train crossing is not to be used. Is that it ?

And you say "the three 2-value turns", I believed there are two 2-value and one 3-value (the first one). Is this a printing error (or maybe just too quick an answer laugh) ? Note that that doesn't change the upgrades count (it cannot be more than 10), especially since we also forgot to count the second passage back through the first turn (is it also 3-value on the larger side ?).

Cheers,

Thomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.