Subject: What is it like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Vandorffy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
What is the game like?
I've read the rule book and based on it it looks promising.
But I'm interested in what is the actual game play like?
There must be a boardgamegeek out there who tried the on-line beta!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the review it kinda has a "Star Trek: TNG CCG" feel to it. I just downloaded the online version. Don't know if I'll buy this even though I thoroughly enjoy the Stargate series (both of 'em) - Comic Images really pissed me off with their COMPLETE lack of support for the Conan CCG.

So be wary if you are looking to get support with the game. However, since Sony and MGM are all over this, maybe there will be enough big-wigs around it to keep it going for a while, even if no one is playing it. Having the game online doesn't hurt, either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Klein
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual physical version of this game finally shipped out, and it's not bad. It's fairly quick and pretty simple, which I like.

The turn isn't broken down into a ton of different steps and phases; on your turn, you flip over a mission card, and then you and your opponent take turns playing and assigning cards. You either succeed or fail the mission, and then you can try another, if you can. Very quick and simple.

There's a small terminology hurdle to get over (the difference between 'Stopped', 'Blocked' and 'Incapacitated' characters, for example), but once you're past that, you're golden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls