1 Posts

The Exiled: Siege» Forums » General

Subject: Replayability concerns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
FIrst of all, I love how the game looks, and whole siege theme! I never bothered with stronghold, because from what I heard, mediocre rulebook,long game time, rules, AP player not frendly...

Rulebook seems nice, but I have some concerns.
Won't there be very soon, at least for defenders, be kinda patter what you must do and what is most optional?
So basically, each first turn will be same, you will see what's best to build and stick to that. Like I need wall lv1(or2), barrack and some men, this is just example. And then, have almost same build pattern for 2nd turn, and what you mannage tu build, you mannage, you don't know how much will it be because you don't know when enemy will attack. Then only on turn 3 and 4, you can actually try and change things because you will see what you need first and foremost.
Also, smae thing might apply for attacker. There is probably most optional path for 1st turn. Later on you might spice things up a bit.
There is very little luck involved, with that, it can boil simply to that, who thinks of better 'engine'?
There is no optimatization, like, okay, I can have 1 tower, 2 tower or 3...or tower in the middle instead at the sides. So every game your castle is the same, you have same buildings in town, there is no chice like do I wanna have croswbow or bowmen? Is it better to make swordsman/axeman/pikeman/knights?. SOme building always have higher build priority than others, and will there fore always be build and upgraded first.

As attacker you only have 3 wall sections to attack. So there is very little choice for you to make.

Is game harder for attacker or defender?
When playing against AI deck, how 'smart' it ends? Does it end like doing stupid moves, so that is beaten easily, or is it hard struggle to beat it?

I don't wanna sound negative, but these are first things that fell on my mind after reading rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.