Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some rule questions/clarifications

1) One of the events gives +1 strength to all players. Is that just for that round or for the rest of the game?
The rules just say apply the effects then remove the card from the game but doesn't state how long you get that benefit. Some are obviously a one time deal (like the +4 days, but wasn't sure about this one)

2) The stakes show 2 sword red X. I'm looking at the Icon page and I'm not seeing a sword with a red X. I know the 2 is 2 fight but what about the sword icon w/ the X?

3) There's a female character in the school deck that has the icon of 2 people (like a mother and child) but I don't see anything like that on the icon page. What does that symbol mean?

4) Hexe - Here ability says -2 days, so you would move the marker on the calendar back 2 days. If so, and it takes you to a feeding day (or you moved the marker back thru a feeding day), do you do feeding after resolving the battle with Hexe?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fidel Montesino
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Jason, let me answer your questions:

1) All events last for one round, no matter if it affects to the calendar, strength or fleeing.

2) The red X means "discard this card to take effect". So the stake has to be discarded if you want to add +2 Strength during a battle. Sorry for the confusion, I totally forgot about this icon in the rulebook.

3) This icon is also on the Mother's character (one of the main characters). If the Mother gets the child into her team (it's a boy actually lol) she will get the card's benefits.

4) Here I thought it was clear enough in the rulebook but it seems that I was wrong, sorry again. The rule is: when you move forward in the calendar (for whatever reason) and you go through a feeding day, you must immediately do the feeding phase. So when you are moving back in the calendar you don't need to feed but if any of the next days is a feeding day, you'll need to feed again.

If you need more help just let me know.
Thanks for playing, I hope you enjoy the game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Hoping to play it with my wife this weekend so I wanted to make sure I got any possible questions answered before hand

Admittedly, I did read the rules around 3:30am so it could have been clear in the rulebook, but my brain didn't process it then, but it makes sense now.
She may help you gain a two days since the calendar is going backwards, but you may end up having to feed an extra time (or two) because of her ability

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question that came up (not sure which deck it was from)

There's a card that looks like rations (I just remember salt being one of the items) - it's not the spam card. The symbol on the card is the turkey leg with a X on it which according to the iconography "does not need to be fed"

Since it's not a person, obviously it doesn't have to be fed so I feel like the icon is wrong or the translation for the icon is wrong.

Should it do the same thing as the Spam cards (discard to feed you and all your people) or does it do something else?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fidel Montesino
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Jason,
about the "does not need to be fed" card, it means that the character that is carrying this object does not need to be fed.
This is a special object, like the other one that reduces in 1 the character's feeding cost.

Thanks to you! :I hope you enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.