Subject: I've got 99 problems and delivery is one - Thalia.de rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sjoerd Slagman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

A few weeks back I ordered 5 games at Thalia.de. 3 arrived, for the other 2 I received an e-mail(8 and 11 days ago) that these were send(to my Dutch address). So far I did not receive them yet.

I decided to call them, unfortunately the guy on the other end did not speak English, so we spoke in German. Apart from being very proud of my first ever 5 minute long German telephone conversation of which I understood at least a great deal, I'm still stuck with some doubts.

He explained me that delivery abroad is delayed more often and that I should call back next week. I think I understood that they will send the packages again if they will not arrive by next week. Does anyone have experience with Thalia.de sending new packages? Because I can imagine they will be reluctant since I bought them at huge discounts and now they would have to send it again (at "normal cost" and extra foreign shipping).

I hope you guys have good experiences, let me know!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how that works in other countries but when you order something and the parcel gets lost you'll get a new one.
No matter what the current price is. It's the risk of the shop.

For Thalia I can only quote a friend of mine, that was complaining about the time he had to wait until he got his game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
flag msg tools
Ahoy landlubber!
badge
ARRR!
mbmbmbmbmb
We had bad experiences with Thalia, too. Ordered with a discount once, and waited for the confirmation mail. Mail never came that day so we called an unbelievable unfriendly customer service (They just hung up) next day only to hear that they didn't receive any order. We got an e-mail for registering in the ordering process, though, so servers were fine I guess. So that discount was gone and we waited for the next one. Two weeks ago we bought 3 games with a discount. One game was delivered, the other two will be delivered in February 2017...
I recommend to buy your games elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got a replacement send once, so don't worry. As long as you've got an order confirmation you should be fine. I even got the first copy one month later and since the customer service never responded to my mail I kept it in shrink (totally forgot about it until now ^^ )

But Thalia can be tremendously bad in terms of costumer service too. I ordered Pandemic Legacy red edition with a discount in july and it was stated that it would be send to me 2 weeks later. I am still waiting for that game to arrive. Until now you can't even find the red edition in their shop, blue edition is available though. I decided to ask to get the blue edition instead and after 5 emails sent back and forth I still only got some standard responses. They try to tell me that they can't change my order and send me a different game for the same price. I can understand that blue and red are technically different games but the price tag is the same and so why not just be nice to a paying customer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Schwalenberg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Until now i never had problems with shipping of Thalia.de.
Actually the parcels always arrived 24-48hours later.

Can't say anything about the customer service quality, as i am fortunate enough to never have been in need of it.

I hope your games arrive soon and in perfect condition without any more trouble =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes it takes longer, but I never got charged for anything that didn't ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I never had a problems with an order of games, but I had a long fight with their customer service department about a couple of eBooks I bought. After a long struggle and my final threat to send them my lawyer, I got my money back.

Since then, I never ordered from them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
... and my final threat to send them my lawyer, I got my money back.

I could never do that. My wife would object to being put in a box and being send to Germany cool

I must say that every couple of years or so casually mentioning her occupation when we encounter a customer service problem does help - which only shows how bad those departments sometimes are that the mere mention of it triggers a better solution to the problem at hand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:

I must say that every couple of years or so casually mentioning her occupation when we encounter a customer service problem does help - which only shows how bad those departments sometimes are that the mere mention of it triggers a better solution to the problem at hand

Cool, I'm not the only person to abuse my wife's job like that .

The most memorable being how *suddenly* the machine clearing the highway ditches in front of our house didn't need FIVE meters cleared of growth but only TWO. Lawyers even solve mechanical & spatial issues!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegarend wrote:
eddy_sterckx wrote:

Cool, I'm not the only person to abuse my wife's job like that .

The most memorable being how *suddenly* the machine clearing the highway ditches in front of our house didn't need FIVE meters cleared of growth but only TWO. Lawyers even solve mechanical & spatial issues!

Belgium must be weird
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Slagman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, although it does not sound super hopeful. I hope they will not delay too much.

But I learned one thing; I will ask my girlfriend to consider changing studies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Slagman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This still needed a finale:
It all worked out

One of the two came in about a week after posting. The other did not arrive, but I called them again. They send me a new one without any hassle, which arrived about two weeks ago. They refunded me at first and gave me the option to pay after delivery of the resend game. Definitely a plus, good service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.