Subject: Request for reviews. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Thimbleby
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've watched Nick's and Rahdo's Reviews, which are the only two reviews - video or text - linked on BGG.

Now, yes Rahdo liked it more than Nick did, but also they seem to nearly, if not completely, contradict each other in places.

Part of that might have been expectations - Nick seemed to expect a 'big-box' game, and said things like it didn't provide as much as he hoped for, where as Rahdo said the reverse - that there was a lot more than he expected packed into a such a small box.

But also Nick commented on some issues surrounding factions, which I didn't see in Rahdo's runthrough, and there were a couple of other things that confused me when trying to mesh the two reviews, which is not uncommon for any boardgame, but when there are only two reviews available it's difficult to be confident about my impressions of the game.

So, if some more people who have played it would be willing to post reviews (text is fine), or point me in the direction of reviews not linked to on BGG, so that I (and others!) can get a better handle on the game that would be greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly a 'full review' but if you look at people's ratings with comments there are a quite a number of micro-reviews you can look at.

For me, I think its a fine game in the post-dominion world of deck builders, its pretty cheap to pick up, and it has a 'new' mechanic around the spatial board, is nice and portable and plays quick. But it lacks a lot of variability that other deck builders have attacked with expansions, and after half a dozen plays, it doesn't get pulled out as much.

If you're new to deck builders and want a solid game with quick setup and a little more tactical thinking, then this is a nice game. If you already have Dominion, Eminent Domain, Star Realms and/or a closet full of other competitive deck builders ... there might not be enough in here that's new or interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
Not exactly a 'full review' but if you look at people's ratings with comments there are a quite a number of micro-reviews you can look at.

For me, I think its a fine game in the post-dominion world of deck builders, its pretty cheap to pick up, and it has a 'new' mechanic around the spatial board, is nice and portable and plays quick. But it lacks a lot of variability that other deck builders have attacked with expansions, and after half a dozen plays, it doesn't get pulled out as much.

If you're new to deck builders and want a solid game with quick setup and a little more tactical thinking, then this is a nice game. If you already have Dominion, Eminent Domain, Star Realms and/or a closet full of other competitive deck builders ... there might not be enough in here that's new or interesting.

I actually played all those card games mentioned. And you know what?

Helionox beat them all. Hands down.

I enjoyed that Helionox can be played solo as 1v1, and that it is done under an hour. Also the game gives you roughly under 150 cards. And for the most part they all do something different. I cant stand card games where you are given 500 cards, and only 5 types of items are available.

To me Rhado did a great play through. He captured all the decisions and simplicities/complexities of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.