Subject: Dropship out? now?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody already ordered...
... and after all got his dropship from Prodos?
Or is it handled more like their KS?! shake
I would like to see pictures for size comparsions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
spaxsen wrote:
Does anybody already ordered...
... and after all got his dropship from Prodos?
Or is it handled more like their KS?! shake
I would like to see pictures for size comparsions.

I would not trust it... Funny how this company was developing 3D scenery tiles for the Kickstarter... They should have been released by about "soon", but still nothing. Meanwhile, they have the time to develop a full dropship release (which can serve no game purpose, BTW) also to be released "sooner" than the "soon" of the 3D terrain from the kickstarter. whistle

So I suspect pictures of it "in the wild" will surface "soon". shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Found this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Carter
msg tools
It actually looks like a pretty cool model even if it may not have any effect on gameplay. If it wasn't for the fact that they priced it over 100$, which is freaking ridiculous, I'd actually consider getting it to paint and maybe hang from my ceiling or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Carter
msg tools
Scratch that last, it is priced over $240. I don't think Prodos understands reasonable pricing. You can get decent model Airplanes for less than a quarter of that cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
jake carter wrote:
Scratch that last, it is priced over $240. I don't think Prodos understands reasonable pricing. You can get decent model Airplanes for less than a quarter of that cost.

Or maybe they do. If they are manufactured to order as they say they are, they aren't committing a bunch of them to taking up inventory space waiting to be sold.

Also, this is a licensed property and it weighs over 1.4 kilograms. You're going to have a hard time finding something similar on eBay that so many people can buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Carter
msg tools
elwyn5150 wrote:
You're going to have a hard time finding something similar on eBay that so many people can buy.

You're gonna have a hard time finding someone willing to pay more than the base game for a 3 pound hunk of plastic. Don't get me wrong it is an extremely cool looking model and I expect that it is awesome. But $240? Are you freaking kidding me?

And this on top of the kickstarter issues (which I personally didn't have to deal with thank God). And the fact that they put models for sale on their website and don't say when they will go to base retail. I have had Sentry Guns on order since March with no hint to when they will get released. Small comparison to what the kickstarters have had to deal with but when a company focuses on pure money grabs, over actually releasing the crap they have already promised, it's bull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't know - price-point seems comparable to similarly sized Forgeworld resin models. Tau Tigershark is flatter and around 12in by 12in for a little more money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinnentai wrote:
I don't know - price-point seems comparable to similarly sized Forgeworld resin models. Tau Tigershark is flatter and around 12in by 12in for a little more money.

I suspect Forge World has delivered a few too.

whistle

I agree, price point for a large resin vehicle, especially with interior detailing is not too bad. But without rules (and a game to use it in) it is nothing but a display model, and one that when you buy it you are supporting a dishonest company.

I suspect when Antenocitis Workshop release their drop ship it will blow this one away, and be comparably priced (and they are good people).

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/antenocitis/g-o-t-28mm.ht...

A guy on LAF painted up this one: http://ttfix.blogspot.com/2016/06/antenocitis-workshop-new-s...

They have a couple other designs in the works as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
jake carter wrote:

But $240? Are you freaking kidding me?

You are a demographic of one person and from that small statistical sampling, you are conjecturing zero sales.

There are people on the Facebook groups who claim to have pre-paid for more than one. There are people who have claimed they told their spouse this shall be considered their early Christmas present.
Maybe they are lying or maybe they did pay for it.

Quote:

And the fact that they put models for sale on their website and don't say when they will go to base retail.
I have had Sentry Guns on order since March with no hint to when they will get released.

Those have been available for months from the friendly local game store. You need to take the initiative in life and follow things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
jakecarol wrote:

I suspect when Antenocitis Workshop release their drop ship it will blow this one away, and be comparably priced (and they are good people).

Yeah you can tell Antenocitis are unusually scrupulous as they limit the amount of pledges on their Kickstarters instead of getting greedy.

I'm looking forward to the reworking of their 15mm vehicles range - already have some of their Warthogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so the Drop ship should be out now since 26.08.2016.
[my spam folder told me]
Quote:
Manufactured to order, usually ships within 4 business days.

And until now, nobody?? really nobody in this forum got his ship shipped?
?!
Okay maybe nobody in this forum would give more money to prodos...
*drop shit*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
Shinnentai wrote:

I suspect Forge World has delivered a few too.

whistle

I agree, price point for a large resin vehicle, especially with interior detailing is not too bad. But without rules (and a game to use it in) it is nothing but a display model, and one that when you buy it you are supporting a dishonest company.

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/antenocitis/g-o-t-28mm.ht...

A guy on LAF painted up this one: http://ttfix.blogspot.com/2016/06/antenocitis-workshop-new-s...

They have a couple other designs in the works as well.

I'm not a fan of the antennae or the cockpit... But I can kitbash that. Everything else about that model is AWESOME! I will probably be picking one up when it's released. I've never been disappointed with Antenocitis's stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
spaxsen wrote:
so the Drop ship should be out now since 26.08.2016.
[my spam folder told me]
Quote:

?!
Okay maybe nobody in this forum would give more money to prodos...
*drop shit*

Cmon dude, a 2 week delay for Prodos is *nothing*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
spaxsen wrote:

Quote:

?!

I paid with PayPal. A couple of years ago, PayPal increased the claim period to 180 days. If it goes that long, I certainly shall unleash the krakken to retrieve my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBeastsOfWar - Alien Vs Predator Unboxing: UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
spaxsen wrote:
TheBeastsOfWar - Alien Vs Predator Unboxing: UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship

I'm not sure why your video upload and my upload isn't working. However, having the link without using the YouTube item in the WYSIWYG editor, works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVd9aB9QnVY

Yesterday, there was about six posts at
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2...

Seriously, why is this thing taking so long to ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elwyn5150 wrote:

Because Jarek already has the money and it was a pre-order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
jakecarol wrote:
elwyn5150 wrote:

Because Jarek already has the money and it was a pre-order?

True that. But if it isn't sent before December, I'm contacting PayPal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brittain
msg tools
mb
jake carter wrote:

$240 is a bargain compared to the 1987 models on ebay and it will be much better quality than the hollow plastic of those old models. Add in the fact the old models aren't the correct size for the 1/56th scale minis Prodos has done. The old models are either 1/35th or 1/72nd scale which would look really odd on the table next to the marine minis. Just a few months ago I was looking for a Dropship replacement because the WIP picture for Prodos's dropship looked awful and nothing like the movie version and then when they released it it looks exactly like the movie one so I'm really happy with my purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleh000 wrote:
[...] so I'm really happy with my purchase.

so you already got your ship or just paid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I received my dropship yesterday. I probably should post some pictures and a review.

I kind of have mixed feelings on this one because of the quality.

I knew that this was a product that would never be going from unpacking to assembly straight away (I'm fine with that because I knew it would need work) but am not sure what can be fixed by a bit of sandpaper and putty.

The design is pretty good but the execution is poor at times. For example, the tail of the dropship is two halves and be symmetrical except for where the halves interlock. It's not. There are arguably minor things such as where I can see the reinforcing rod exposed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.