Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: Fair price to ask for collection? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theresa Beun
msg tools
My husband recently passed and I would like to sell the rest of his collection. All kept in well cared condition. Squad Leader, Mech War 77, 1776, War and Peace, Dragonhunt, Elric, Rail Baron, Line in the Sand, and Red Storm Rising. What would be a fair price to ask? Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for your loss. A quick review of sold ebay listings and I pop these numbers in for average sold price without shipping. You can also look here: http://spielboy.com/#

Squad Leader - 30
Mech War 77 - 15
1776 - 10
War and Peace - 20
Dragonhunt - 15
Elric - 25
Rail Baron - 40
Line in the Sand - 20
Red Storm Rising - 20

=195

As a bulk lot I expect you could sell them rather quickly for $100-125. At $150 you might have to wait a bit and at $200 someone would have to want all the games or they would just go buy the individual ones they want, though you might get lucky. Start high, you can always lower the price.

Rail baron is the most desirable game there, you could get $60-$90 just for that depending on condition. The value of Elric seems to be going up slowly. Squad leader is another good one, but Advanced Squad leader is the money-maker.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also it may depend on the area you live in. If you can sell them locally, so someone doesn't have to pay shipping, that would be a benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theresa Beun
msg tools
Thank you so much! very helpful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
northiie wrote:
My husband recently passed and I would like to sell the rest of his collection.

I'm sorry for your loss. Was your husband a BGG member? If so, I'm sure most of us would like to know who he was, especially if he was a regular participant around here.

Also, where are you located? If you happen to be near me, I'd be quite willing to come over and help, and try to see that you get fair value for the games, and I'm sure that many BGGers would do the same if you live near them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So sorry for your loss, if my detective work is correct it could be this user?

Richard Beun
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.