Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thom Parkin
United States
Sanford
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just purchased this game and after three plays (two player) we love it.
Perhaps this will reveal itself to me with more experience in the game but I am missing the purpose (and value of controlling/moving) the Beadle.

Does it count as a "wild" during the resolution? Is it a "third party" in the battle for 1st and 2nd? Does it "stand guard" over the other pawns?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ParkinT wrote:
Perhaps this will reveal itself to me with more experience in the game but I am missing the purpose (and value of controlling/moving) the Beadle.

Does it count as a "wild" during the resolution? Is it a "third party" in the battle for 1st and 2nd? Does it "stand guard" over the other pawns?

Thanks in advance.

At the moment he only adds one to the occupancy of a guild...at the moment!

#expansionideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo, a cliffhanger!

You got me interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
ParkinT wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I am going to assume your question is a thematic one (Tony has already answered the mechanic one)....

The Beadle is there to maintain order (or contain disorder). They are an official of the Parish. Their role is an ecclesiastical or administrative one. So, imagine them entering a guild to try to help settle disputes, and being a deciding factor in helping resolve the guild mastery without more people having to weigh-in and fight over it (hence why they effectively reduce the majority required).

In the upcoming solo variant, the Beadle has a much stronger hand in the matter, as their official role is to wander the streets of London assigning mastery of suitably undisputed Guilds to the Lord Mayor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.