GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,060 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
63 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Teflon Clinton? You mean Teflon Trump? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone says Clinton gets away with everything, yet despite being perhaps the most qualified Presidential candidate OF ALL TIME, she can't shake two rather trivial (in the scope of things) scandals that she's already been cleared of wrongdoing in BOTH cases (e-mail and Benghazi).

Yet she keeps falling and Trump keeps rising, despite Trump having a new story every other day that would normally sink any other campaign.

What's with the cognitive dissonance with these voters? They can't get over these two Clinton issues, but they don't care about Trump's comments on (pick a topic really), his flip-flopping, his Trump U and immigrant worker scandals, the fact that he's pocketing about 20% of his campaign funds...etc.

(Edit: just to clarify, I'm not saying either the e-mail or Benghazi affairs are trivial, I'm saying they are trivial SCANDALS because Clinton was cleared by Republican-led investigations on BOTH)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheetos Jesus only performs miracles and is sinless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone has to rush in here to defend him, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We know why we have seen it.

There is one issue that above all others enrages them

PC!!!!!!!

They want to return to the days when you could make rape jokes and not have some damn lesbo tell you it's offensive, or use the word Queer in it's not proper connotation of "a bit crap, like gays", or people able to deport Mexicans (sorry illegal immigrants) without having some bleeding heart liberal ask why you are poking a bayonet in the the back of a pregnant woman.

They want to white male majority to be able to do what the fuck they like. That is all they actually care about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Drew, I would bother responding to you if you hadn't turned into such a joke these past couple of months. This election has had a really bad effect on you. People used to take you seriously, but now you might as well be another sock for CapNClassic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Drew, I would bother responding to you if you hadn't turned into such a joke these past couple of months. This election has had a really bad effect on you. People used to take you seriously

no we didn't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
yet despite being perhaps the most qualified Presidential candidate OF ALL TIME,

Oh Jesus wept, when I stop laughing at this statement I will read the rest of your post and respond.

OMG you may have just killed me from laughter.

* Graduated from Yale Law School
* Worked as staff of a U.S. Senate subcommittee
* Staff of the Presidential Impeachment Inquiry Commitee,
advising the U.S. House Judiciary Committee during the Nixon impeachment proceedings.
* Faculty, University of Arkansas Law School
* Part-time chairman of the Legal Services Corporation, appointed by President Carter.
* Member of the Rose Law Firm
* National Law Journal named her twice one of the 100 most powerful lawyers in America
* Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Family
* Chaired the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee
* First Lady of Arkansas for 12 years
* First Lady of the United States of America for 8 years
* Chaired President Clinton's National Task Force on Health Care Reform
* Elected United States Senator from New York; served for eight years
* Served for five years as President Obama's Secretary of State, fourth in line of succession of the Presidency

Who was more qualified? Certainly not Trump, whose sole "accomplishment" is making less money off of his inheritance than he would have had he just invested it in the stock market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
yet despite being perhaps the most qualified Presidential candidate OF ALL TIME,

Oh Jesus wept, when I stop laughing at this statement I will read the rest of your post and respond.

advising the U.S. House Judiciary Committee during the Nixon impeachment proceedings.
* Part-time chairman of the Legal Services Corporation, appointed by President Carter.
* National Law Journal named her twice one of the 100 most powerful lawyers in America
* Served for five years as President Obama's Secretary of State, fourth in line of succession of the Presidency

Who was more qualified? Certainly not Trump, whose sole "accomplishment" is making less money off of his inheritance than he would have had he just invested it in the stock market.

Bush graduated from Yale so I would watch throwing that around as a qualification.

Being first lady doesn't qualify you for shit.

She didn't do shit as a Senator or as secretary of State and in fact resigned. Throw in her inept handling of classified emails and I have to question your sanity.

John McCain was immensely qualified Presidential candidate, way more qualified than Clinton. This election we had Christy and Bush, both governors who had more experience. So where you get that she is the most qualified - fuck I still can't stop laughing.

She doesn't even know what classified material is or how to handle it. Or she is a lying crook who deliberately setup her own email server to skirt the law. I mean take your pick. The FBI said she wasn't guilty so that means she is an idiot who never listened to the REQUIRED security briefing she had at least once a year.
I thought she got an ambassador killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Bush graduated from Yale so I would watch throwing that around as a qualification.

Being first lady doesn't qualify you for shit.

She didn't do shit as a Senator or as secretary of State and in fact resigned. Throw in her inept handling of classified emails and I have to question your sanity.

John McCain was immensely qualified Presidential candidate, way more qualified than Clinton. This election we had Christy and Bush, both governors who had more experience. So where you get that she is the most qualified - fuck I still can't stop laughing.

She doesn't even know what classified material is or how to handle it. Or she is a lying crook who deliberately setup her own email server to skirt the law. I mean take your pick. The FBI said she wasn't guilty so that means she is an idiot who never listened to the REQUIRED security briefing she had at least once a year.
I thought she got an ambassador killed.

I was going to let that one go. IMO she in fact did not get the ambassador killed. I am sure all that was handled at a lower level and she had very little to actually do with it. The fault is the lie afterwards where someone said that the intelligence was due to a youtube video and the cover the ensued. Whether that lie was from her, Obama or some underling we may never know.

You're funny, man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Accomplishments while in those positions would be more interesting than the positions themselves. I think that her judgment has been seriously lacking, and that is not the email/server issues, but her actual positions that she has staked out:

- supported Iraq War
- supported the upheaval in Libya
- supported the "Arab Spring"
- supports a no-fly zone in Syria, effectively declaring war on Assad, not to mention fall out in Russia
- wants to keep supplying rebels in the region with weapons (more carnage and bloodshed will result)
- more ground troops to fight ISIS

She is a neocon with the Democratic party's social leanings (many of which have been recently acquired)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
…Bush graduated from Yale so I would watch throwing that around as a qualification. …

which is one of the reasons that anyone buying Bush's poor dumb shlub act was the real idiot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:

She is a neocon with the Democratic party's social leanings (many of which have been recently acquired)

A few things funny about your post:

1) You responded to qualifications with policy positions you don't like. I presume you know what 'qualification' actually means, but your post doesn't.

2) You also think being a third way democrat is a bad thing.

Are/were you a buster per chance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
SpaceGhost wrote:

A few things funny about your post:

1) You responded to qualifications with policy positions you don't like. I presume you know what 'qualification' actually means, but your post doesn't.

2) You also think being a third way democrat is a bad thing.

Are/were you a buster per chance?

1) I know the difference. The point was that holding a position doesn't make one qualified. Rather, it is important to look at the results of what came from the position. I think that all of what she supported in the Middle East didn't turn out well. The latter points is that there is no indication she is going to change -- just head down and keep going ahead with destroying the region.

2) I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing to be a third way democrat. I just don't think many of her supporters understand how aggressive her foreign policy positions are (and have always been).

Definitely not a buster. He would be on the bottom of my list of who to vote for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Everyone says Clinton gets away with everything, yet despite being perhaps the most qualified Presidential candidate OF ALL TIME, she can't shake two rather trivial (in the scope of things) scandals that she's already been cleared of wrongdoing in BOTH cases (e-mail and Benghazi).

Yet she keeps falling and Trump keeps rising, despite Trump having a new story every other day that would normally sink any other campaign.

What's with the cognitive dissonance with these voters? They can't get over these two Clinton issues, but they don't care about Trump's comments on (pick a topic really), his flip-flopping, his Trump U and immigrant worker scandals, the fact that he's pocketing about 20% of his campaign funds...etc.

(Edit: just to clarify, I'm not saying either the e-mail or Benghazi affairs are trivial, I'm saying they are trivial SCANDALS because Clinton was cleared by Republican-led investigations on BOTH)

Maybe because people have 0 expectations from Trump, but much higher for someone who was a former first lady, former senator, former Secretary of State, and has a foundation with her name in it that may or may not have had questionable dealings. Coupled with her inability to actually admit any wrongdoing (she wasn't exactly cleared in the e-mail, the FBI just didn't feel charges were warranted) and offer a sincere apology, or her inability to remember how to identify classified information.

I mean seriously, how does the top diplomat in the world, nor anyone on her staff, not know how to identify classified information or keep track of mobile devices.

EDIT: Or maybe the polls are simply being engineered to give the results of Trump gaining ground for ratings. After all, I was told Trump is the underdog and it is the media's job to sell the underdog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COMPNOR wrote:
Coupled with her inability to actually admit any wrongdoing (she wasn't exactly cleared in the e-mail, the FBI just didn't feel charges were warranted) and offer a sincere apology

She actually did that.

Where are Trump's apologies for any of his 100 scandals and juvenile name-calling? The ONE time he tried to apologize for something, it sounded insincere as fuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
COMPNOR wrote:
Coupled with her inability to actually admit any wrongdoing (she wasn't exactly cleared in the e-mail, the FBI just didn't feel charges were warranted) and offer a sincere apology

She actually did that.

Where are Trump's apologies for any of his 100 scandals and juvenile name-calling? The ONE time he tried to apologize for something, it sounded insincere as fuck.

You asked, I gave you possible answers. I don't give a fuck about either candidate and wish they would both go away.

Asteroid 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The difference is that Clinton supporters tend to answer the attacks on her where is it has been decided that no justification will be given for Trump, and diversion is immediately and only made in Clinton's direction.

Thus, Clinton is talked about on issues lasting more than a headline so Trump can survive the myriad of issues.

Just read above.

See anything about Trump from the anti-Clinton people? Nope.

It's the anti-Clinton way to be pro-Trump without having to tie yourself to him. But, it is pro-Trump all the same.

The end result is that each person sounds so partisan that I feel all objectivity is lost.

If you want to rag on someone for being blind about Clinton, then think about how you treat Trump. Silence from people typically so vocal is definitely in the tacit approval category.

I'll give an example.

If I have 4 types of food, and we rate them all as to benefits or negatives as follows on a scale of 1-10
(1 being it kills 100% of people within a year; 2 being it kills 75% of people within a year;
3 being it kills 50% within a year;
5 being no effect;
7 being it extends one's life by at least 10 years if eaten for one's entire life 50% of the time;
10 being it extends one's life by at least 10 years if eaten for one's entire life 100% of the time)
- note, we're claiming perfect knowledge and stats hear just for ease.

Type A - 2
Type B - 2
Type C - 3
Type D - 7
Type E - 10

So, would it be ok for someone to only say how awful A and B were and ignore C - or worse, only talk about A or B and not anything else?

Nope. You talk about everything, using the same standards for all.

Yes, this is much more extreme than the reality (as I'm not a doom and gloom type of person), but I do feel strongly that we treat them equally.

And, if someone did talk about the evils of A without mentioning B, would you question if they have some specific affinity for B or at least question the purpose of that beneficial help for B?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COMPNOR wrote:

Asteroid 2016

It was 1997, although hollywood loves it's remakes and we are coming up on that 20yr anniversary special. That said, Armageddon (1998) was better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to the OP's post:

I think Hilary is way more Hawkish and some people are just sick of us doing foreign stuff and just want to embrace xenophobia and build a wall. Also like Slater said, the alt right has been growing in strength and really dislikes what it perceives as censorship. Youtube, reddit, tumblr, twitter, FB, and imgur have been tightening those restrictions and enforcement policies. There's been a growing resentment against "snowflakes" and other members of the far left although horseshoe theory is very much in force as the depths of tumblr isnt that different than Brietbart comment sections or /r/trp.

I will say that we've been moving to mollycoddle people much more. Backlashes against spanking, participation awards, the phrase "I'm offended", fear of litigation, and trigger warnings is causing a new societal pressure.

More so than anything else, I think that on average people in the US have lost perspective. You have people complaining about how XYZ are terrible and they want to move to Canada or somewhere else in social media. Not enough people actually get around and experience how good/terrible it is elsewhere. Stuff like (mostly) clean drinking water, clean air, food, reliable electricity, internet, 1st amendment, you really can't appreciate what you have until you don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
draxx01 wrote:
Back to the OP's post:

I think Hilary is way more Hawkish and some people are just sick of us doing foreign stuff and just want to embrace xenophobia and build a wall. Also like Slater said, the alt right has been growing in strength and really dislikes what it perceives as censorship. Youtube, reddit, tumblr, twitter, FB, and imgur have been tightening those restrictions and enforcement policies. There's been a growing resentment against "snowflakes" and other members of the far left although horseshoe theory is very much in force as the depths of tumblr isnt that different than Brietbart comment sections or /r/trp.

I will say that we've been moving to mollycoddle people much more. Backlashes against spanking, participation awards, the phrase "I'm offended", fear of litigation, and trigger warnings is causing a new societal pressure.

More so than anything else, I think that on average people in the US have lost perspective. You have people complaining about how XYZ are terrible and they want to move to Canada or somewhere else in social media. Not enough people actually get around and experience how good/terrible it is elsewhere. Stuff like (mostly) clean drinking water, clean air, food, reliable electricity, internet, 1st amendment, you really can't appreciate what you have until you don't.

She is the most qualified candidate simply because Obama said so!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't do that with a straight face. This woman had failed her way to the top simply because she has the right last name and there is no one else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
This woman had failed her way to the top simply because she has the right last name and there is no one else.

How is "Clinton" the right last name? Slick Willie hasn't been president for 15 years. He did well, but well enough to still have influence 15 years later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
COMPNOR wrote:

Asteroid 2016

It was 1997, although hollywood loves it's remakes and we are coming up on that 20yr anniversary special. That said, Armageddon (1998) was better.

Armageddon was better, but then it was an actual movie. I remember seeing it a few times in theater.

Now, if we're going with remakes, I'd prefer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_Warning_(1994_film)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
…Bush graduated from Yale so I would watch throwing that around as a qualification. …

which is one of the reasons that anyone buying Bush's poor dumb shlub act was the real idiot.

Or a Yale education is overrated.

Yes and no. It's not necessarily the best education ever but it is a good solid university education.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Everyone says Clinton gets away with everything, yet despite being perhaps the most qualified Presidential candidate OF ALL TIME

I'm torn between amazed chuckling and open-mouthed dismay any time I see this line trotted out by the Kool Aide drinking Hillary boosters.

Washington was a key figure in holding off the pre-eminent military and economic power of the time and in forging a free nation unlike any other that had ever existed as well as many other accomplisments. Before he was president.

Eisenhower was one of the chief leaders in organizing and leading the biggest military campaign ever in the history of mankind, putting to route one of the greatest organized evils ever to emerge. One of his many accomplishments. BEFORE he was president.

And we could go down the list of other people who have been president, and for that matter, many who ran and lost and compare then to Hillary, who was, AT BEST, a title holding functionary of middling at best competence (and can be reasonably argued far worse using non-partisan facts) who held those titles, most of them, due to the aura and prestige earned by her far more talented and capable husband and her association with him.

The idea that she is THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE OF ALL TIME is objectively, factually insane. The claim has no relatiionship at all with reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Both sides seem to be having a bit of an extended slap fight over the meaning of "qualified".

If I'm applying for a job my qualifications are my academics and the roles I've performed before. If my past roles are similar to the ones I'm applying for then it's hard to argue I'm unqualified.

Separately I could in reality be pretty crap at the job and/or take little interest in it.

One side is focusing on Clinton's past roles.

The other is focusing on her perceived general terribleness. Kind of like saying Obama is unqualified to be President as he nears the end of his second term.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.