$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Now that we know for sure it's coming, what's your guess for the schedule? I'm optimistically hoping it will go on sale in October and be delivered in June.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is kick off for something (preorders? kickstarter? who knows?) will be Black Friday (late Nov) with delivery next summer or fall (depending on scope). They like doing big Black Friday things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping for no kickstarter on this. Instead, I think he will start taking pre-orders for reprinted materials on Black Friday.

If it is a KS, I'd expect that to be on Black Friday as well. But I'd also expect a Kickstarter to have lots of new materials, which isn't necessary for a simple re-print run of the game (even if there are some updates to the core game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forget which video, but one of the GenCon video interviews with him asked that and he said he wanted the game back out by the end of this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, but today is September. Either the guys have found the express settings, or it's already too late to launch the reprint, take preorders, print everything and deliver it by December 31st.

The truth is, there is still no official news about the times (and about lantern festival, don't forget it has/should have priority over the reprint). I guess the next kdu on Tumblr will have some of the news we need. Anyway, my best is as stated above: preorders by black Friday, delivery some time like six months later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Yup, but today is September. Either the guys have found the express settings, or it's already too late to launch the reprint, take preorders, print everything and deliver it by December 31st.

The truth is, there is still no official news about the times (and about lantern festival, don't forget it has/should have priority over the reprint). I guess the next kdu on Tumblr will have some of the news we need. Anyway, my best is as stated above: preorders by black Friday, delivery some time like six months later.

From the GenCon interviews, I got the impression the reprint is the priority over Lantern Festival. As for timing, I think he said they're already in the process of making the new copies for the reprint, didn't he? I don't think there would be much turn around for those to get shipped once the Kickstarter ended.

That being said, I still doubt they'll make the end of the year. Adam works on his own timeline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I wrote has/should have because of how the interviews sound.

Let's not forget that there are people who paid more than three years ago in advance and are still waiting for the last expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
DyingTickles wrote:
t3clis wrote:

From the GenCon interviews, I got the impression the reprint is the priority over Lantern Festival. As for timing, I think he said they're already in the process of making the new copies for the reprint, didn't he? I don't think there would be much turn around for those to get shipped once the Kickstarter ended.

That being said, I still doubt they'll make the end of the year. Adam works on his own timeline.

But isn't the whole point of doing the kickstarter/preordering so that he can determine exactly how many copies to print and not spend money holding extras in storage? I'd be thrilled if this was the case but I don't see that as possible, although I must not have seen the video you're talking about. I spoke with a demoer at GenCon and he just said the kickstarter/preorder will begin this fall and when I pressed for if it'd be shipping in the spring he thought that'd be too soon but he didn't really know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will it happen?

Quote from Excalibur (1981)

Merlin: Now look, I once stood exposed to the Dragon's Breath so that a man could lie one night with a woman. It took me nine moons to recover. And all for this lunacy called, "love", this mad distemper that strikes down both beggar and king. Never again. Never.

(Adam is probably still trying to forget the lunacy from the first printing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oh wow. I actually forgot that lantern festival was still a thing!
Something tells me a reprint will start shipping next August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a non-assembly version. Don't have it in me to spend hundreds of dollars on a game and have to glue it together to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
I'd like to see a non-assembly version. Don't have it in me to spend hundreds of dollars on a game and have to glue it together to boot.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Assembling the miniatures is fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:

Welcome to a hobby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
N
skyzero wrote:

Find one of these folks to do it for the cost of shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Isn't there supposed to be more news coming this month? That's what I recall. We should expect an email sometime soon that goes into detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
Isn't there supposed to be more news coming this month? That's what I recall. We should expect an email sometime soon that goes into detail.

I'd expect this month's update to include a link to the kickstarter that they put up at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
DyingTickles wrote:
Zenman12 wrote:

I'd expect this month's update to include a link to the kickstarter that they put up at the same time.

That would be AMAZING!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.