Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bought I this game for my son from Cool Stuff Inc. It has the original rules and everything I can gather is saying they are not so good especially for what comes in the box. Is there a link to the updated rules or a website I can go to? I'm not seeing any thing on the Prodos site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
I bought I this game for my son from Cool Stuff Inc. It has the original rules and everything I can gather is saying they are not so good especially for what comes in the box. Is there a link to the updated rules or a website I can go to? I'm not seeing any thing on the Prodos site.

When you go to the Prodos page and click shop, most of the screen fills with a banner to the new rules

Here: http://avp.prodosgames.com/sites/avp.prodosgames.com/files/f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I made this thread to talk about the differences in the versions and what to expect:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1615445/version-20-rule...

The new rules have gone a long in righting this game. Keep an eye out here for version 2.0 cards (if/when they become available):
http://avp.prodosgames.com/downloads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Prodos, asking if / when the 2.0 rules will be available.
That was days ago, still no reply.
Yawn....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
Yawn....

Read the posts above. Don't be lazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elwyn5150 wrote:
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
Yawn....

Read the posts above. Don't be lazy.

Err, actually I did read them. Don't be rude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
That isn't rude.

It's unreasonable to expect a company to answer the emails of every lazy halfwit who can't be bothered to use a search engine or look at the download section of their web site or the blog section's recent posts or the numerous places where they make the files and news available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elwyn5150 wrote:
That isn't rude.

It's unreasonable to expect a company to answer the emails of every lazy halfwit who can't be bothered to use a search engine or look at the download section of their web site or the blog section's recent posts or the numerous places where they make the files and news available.

Wow, implying that I'm a lazy halfwit; doesn't get much ruder than that, does it now?
Very easy for you to be so forthright when you can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.
Go ahead, make some snarky reply. Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
elwyn5150 wrote:
That isn't rude.

Wow, implying that I'm a lazy halfwit; doesn't get much ruder than that, does it now?
Very easy for you to be so forthright when you can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.
Go ahead, make some snarky reply. Please.

Hi Greg, maybe there has been a misunderstanding here? The banner on the prodos website pointing to the new rules set, which I linked to above, has been there for a while now. As far as I am aware that is the latest rules set, so why do you need a reply from prodos? Did they promise to reissue physical copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin, yes, I think you are right.
I received an email from Prodos indicating that AVP 2.0 rules were available, or at least, would be soon-ish. When I clicked on the link (yes Elwyn5150, I do search the net for information, despite your hasty assumption that I don't) I could not find any content at all relating to this, not even an updated PDF of the rules. So, I emailed Prodos asking how I could obtain the rules, and merely posted here the fact that I had not received a reply yet. That is all.

Update: I have just tried the link again, and it seems to be working for me now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Noyes
United Kingdom
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Sometimes when i click on things they dont work because the cache is not clear a the time (BMG batbuilder is a frequent offender), it maybe what has happened here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
popsical wrote:
Sometimes when i click on things they dont work because the cache is not clear a the time (BMG batbuilder is a frequent offender), it maybe what has happened here.

Yes, Steven, perhaps that is the case here.
I guess I was just annoyed at the insinuation that I hadn't bothered to search properly, when it may indeed have been a technical issue which prompted me to email Prodos with a question or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
Hi Kevin, yes, I think you are right.
I received an email from Prodos indicating that AVP 2.0 rules were available, or at least, would be soon-ish. When I clicked on the link (yes Elwyn5150, I do search the net for information, despite your hasty assumption that I don't) I could not find any content at all relating to this, not even an updated PDF of the rules. So, I emailed Prodos asking how I could obtain the rules, and merely posted here the fact that I had not received a reply yet. That is all.

Update: I have just tried the link again, and it seems to be working for me now.

Cool. Glad you got the link to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
dougisitosan wrote:
I made this thread to talk about the differences in the versions and what to expect:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1615445/version-20-rule...

The new rules have gone a long in righting this game. Keep an eye out here for version 2.0 cards (if/when they become available):
http://avp.prodosgames.com/downloads

sadly IF is a possibility...they have yet to shut down there sale...which makes me wonder about how the company is doing. No word from Ninja Division when they start distrubuting MC:WZR also....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man Id just be happy getting a single item I pledged for from the original KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.