Subject: Looking for games that include drafting but not only that rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
I used to be a MTG player, and i really liked drafting

i've played 7 wonders and kind of got that feeling back, but i felt like something was missing, i needed something more

that way my quest for games with drafting started

So far i found Seasons, it looks really cute, point gathering game with card combos and drafting

and Blood rage drafting each turn ,with "Quests" for glory many ways to gather victory points,strategies, area control, looks pretty sweet aswell..

i need opinions on these games, and add any other that fits my criteria

drafting is really strategic by itself, but when you use it as part of another thing(deck building in mtg,planning your wincons in blood rage(as far as i know),your card combos in seasons to assemble the most victory points) hate-drafting, planning ahead etc it's sweeeeeet

i need more games to fill my shopping cart!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
Feld's Notre Dame centers on drafting, and is a fine Euro. Enough but fewer "ingredients" than Feld's later "point salads". It is OOP, but I see copies available in the GeekMarket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You should check out the Fields of Green kickstarter (which is on its last day). There's a drafting mechanic to select tiles but then the main part of the game is engine building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Rage is a solid transition game from Magic to boardgaming.

Ginkgopolis is OOP but if you can find a copy it's my favorite drafting game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eight-Minute Empire: Legends = Drafting + area control
Nightfall = Only initial draft, but ongoing deck-builder with chaining combos and MTG style minions
Among the Stars = Drafting + tile laying/space station building
Imperial Settlers = Drafting + engine building

Some of these are drafting from hands, some are drafting from a common area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels or Citadels (2016 edition) - you draft characters each round. Probably not deep enough for you though.

Race for the Galaxy doesn't use drafting by default but has drafting rules in the first expansion but I don't see any reason you couldn't use the drafting rules with the base game or with other expansion arcs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about deck building in the deck building game sense (e.g. Dominion, Star Realms)? Star Realms has the hate-drafting aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Lost Legends. The first part of each round has drafting like 7 Wonders, but you're drafting weapons, armor, and equipment for your hero. Then after each drafting round, you fight monsters with with your stuff.

The monster part and scoring is a little goofy and uneven, but the game is a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Wieman
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
51st state.

Definitely Blood rage is my pick.

Nevermore is also good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
Blood Rage is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett X
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd add Villages of Valeria which has 2 types of drafting - you draft cards for resources to be able to build buildings (which you also draft) which attract adventurers to your village, and then you draft those adventurers according to the buildings they need. Both the buildings and adventurers give you in-game benefits as well as score you victory points at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Buckley
England
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
23rd June: Black Thursday :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Some that haven't been mentioned yet.

Steampunk Rally definitely
Bruges iirc
Agricola I don't think it's part of the official rules but drafting for the cards you play the game with is quite common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fairy Tale is organized heavily around drafting. It's a light game but very pretty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.