New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all - I'm very fortunate to have two copies of the Tactics Boromir from GenCon, so I'm going to sell one. I'm not sure what I think of this, this, or this, but feel free to PM me with offers. I'll decide by the end of the week.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have alt art legolas? If not do you want to trade? I put my spare one away somewhere (just have to find the safe place I put it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Does anyone have any idea how many/few of these were printed? I bought a copy on Ebay for $67.00 and that's the cheapest I've seen them sell for. Still looking for the Gimli card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
emart40x wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how many/few of these were printed? I bought a copy on Ebay for $67.00 and that's the cheapest I've seen them sell for. Still looking for the Gimli card :(

I *think* there was 48 spots in each Gen Con event and that there was maybe 3 of the events? Maybe 4?

Either way I think there is probably under 200 of these out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
emart40x wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how many/few of these were printed? I bought a copy on Ebay for $67.00 and that's the cheapest I've seen them sell for. Still looking for the Gimli card

I *think* there was 48 spots in each Gen Con event and that there was maybe 3 of the events? Maybe 4?

Either way I think there is probably under 200 of these out there.
that's so heartbreaking lol

i really wanted that Gimli from last year because he fit with Legolas and the playmat (which i do have, thanks to Ira, coincidentally enough), but felt that $50 USD was way too much

now this Boromir is going for way more than that lol.

i get that they're going to have promos for special events, but compared to any other LCG, they have a LOT of available alt-arts, mats, tokens, etc., and this game has barely anything. not even a retail-purchasable playmat like many other LCGs do

also, sorry for the derail <_<

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When they reprint the deck after GenCon, does it include the alt art cards? I always get them at GenCon so don't know the answer but assumed they did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
When they reprint the deck after GenCon, does it include the alt art cards? I always get them at GenCon so don't know the answer but assumed they did.
the fellowship quest from last year included the Murder at the Prancing Pony quest, the Gimli/Legolas playmat, and the Legolas card, but NOT the Gimli card

similarly, this year's fellowship quest will include the Siege of Annuminas quest, the Faramir card, and the Sterner Than Steel playmat but will NOT include the Boromir card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dr00 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
the fellowship quest from last year included the Murder at the Prancing Pony quest, the Gimli/Legolas playmat, and the Legolas card, but NOT the Gimli card

similarly, this year's fellowship quest will include the Siege of Annuminas quest, the Faramir card, and the Sterner Than Steel playmat but will NOT include the Boromir card

But wasn't Gimli part of the Old Forest deck? Why would he be in the Prancing Pony again?

And crap, now that you say Legolas, I don't see him in my Prancing Pony deck. I know I had the card but don't kow where I put him! Was he in any other deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
dr00 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

But wasn't Gimli part of the Old Forest deck? Why would he be in the Prancing Pony again?

And crap, now that you say Legolas, I don't see him in my Prancing Pony deck. I know I had the card but don't kow where I put him! Was he in any other deck?
actually, now that i remember, i thought Gimli was part of the Ruins at Belegost (because there wasn't enough confusion), but what i do know with absolute certainty is that Boromir and Gimli were only available at gencon

i did get Legolas as part of my stuff with Murder at the Prancing Pony, but no place ever did anything here in NZ for it, so i paid to have it shipped to me by Ira (the op)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was this card bundled with the encounter deck it separate?I took part in the event at GenCon, but don't think I received this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The Alt Art cards are part of the deck you get at GenCon. I guess the question still remains if these are exclusive to GenCon or if they come in the complete deck if you buy it POD later.

Luckily, I found Legolas in a stack of promos I haven't put away. I remember now we didn't have any Fellowship events around here for me to get Prancing Pony and I had to trade for it. The trader put him in a sleeve to make sure he arrived safe and I placed him in a different stack of cards. Whew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dr00 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
dr00 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

actually, now that i remember, i thought Gimli was part of the Ruins at Belegost (because there wasn't enough confusion), but what i do know with absolute certainty is that Boromir and Gimli were only available at gencon

i did get Legolas as part of my stuff with Murder at the Prancing Pony, but no place ever did anything here in NZ for it, so i paid to have it shipped to me by Ira (the op)

Yes, I mistyped, Gimli was Ruins of Belegost. Fog on the Barrow Down was Aragorn. Old Forest I am not showing an Alt Art card. Is there a complete list of all the alt art cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
Having purchased many of the POD expansions after the events, I can confirm that they do not include alternate art heroes. I don't have Murder at the Prancing Pony, but I don't expect they've changed their plans with that release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KateGamer80 wrote:
I really hate how FFG is handling these alt art cards. It especially sucks if you've been a long time fan of this game, buying everything, but you just happen to live VERY FAR from gencon.

I really love that the exclusive promos consist entirely of alt-art cards, so that I don't lose any content from being unable to go to GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For $100 I would rather buy 3-4 extra core sets!

A shame, as I would really love to have the alternate art promos (Gimli, Boromir), but they are simply not worth that much money to me.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll print a custom holo foil with the art. I'd like the real thing but not for what it would cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I guess the question still remains if these are exclusive to GenCon or if they come in the complete deck if you buy it POD later.
there is absolutely no question.

Aragorn, Gimli, and Boromir are not available outside of those who have attended GenCon (and anyone they've sold their copies to, or they have sold theirs to, etc. etc. etc.)

they are absolutely not available in the POD quests

Legolas and Faramir are, however, as are the playmats, available during the fellowship event.

if you wait to POD it long after the event, all you'll get is the quest.

ColtsFan76 wrote:

Yes, I mistyped, Gimli was Ruins of Belegost. Fog on the Barrow Down was Aragorn. Old Forest I am not showing an Alt Art card. Is there a complete list of all the alt art cards?
that's it:

Aragorn

Gimli

Legolas

Faramir

Boromir

--

i'm absolutely sure about all of this information. all of the previous game night kits included nightmare decks and a playmat (Khazad-dum and Heirs of Numenor), but they were set up in a 'competitive' manner, with only one copy of each of everything, making it quite difficult to implement into a co-operative game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Faramir is in which set? An upcoming one? You mentioned siege above, but that should have just been Boromir

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Hall of Beorn has the Aragorn alt-art card listed for both The Old Forest and Fog on the Barrow Downs and I know that I got a copy of the Aragorn card with my purchase of The Old Forest on Ebay. The seller was a private individual, though, so he probably got the card at GenCon 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Faramir is in which set? An upcoming one? You mentioned siege above, but that should have just been Boromir
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/27/defend-...

Faramir is from the Siege of Annuminas Fellowship event

Boromir is from GenCon

emart40x wrote:
Hall of Beorn has the Aragorn alt-art card listed for both The Old Forest and Fog on the Barrow Downs and I know that I got a copy of the Aragorn card with my purchase of The Old Forest on Ebay. The seller was a private individual, though, so he probably got the card at GenCon 2014.
i have both of these as POD quests, and they did not include an Aragorn

i could be incorrect about whether it was GenCon or Fellowship event though, but no alt-art cards are ever in the POD quests themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emart40x wrote:

Aragorn was part of the Fellowship 2014 Kit. Maybe he was given out with the Old Forest event on GenCon the same year.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanee wrote:
[q="emart40x"]Aragorn was part of the Fellowship 2014 Kit. Maybe he was given out with the Old Forest event on GenCon the same year.

Bye
Thanee

That actually sounds familiar. I think he was handed out loose before they started putting him in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R W
Germany
Ulm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone needing a leadership Aragorn promo? It is in German. Offers via PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
notrub eneg
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone have images for the alt art cards? Can't say I have seen any other than the Boromir card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.