Subject: Trying to share free 1 player expansion I created...How rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a full single player and single player campaign called "Gric Local Farmers", but it appears I'm unable to post the rules and cards to the files section? The rules and images are not from Agricola and contain no copyrighted material. How do I successfully upload this file to the Files section? Is there a proper setting for the copyright (rights vs. no rights)? Just want to share something I did out of love for the game. Help is appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand you correctly, you have no technical difficulties, but your upload was rejected by a geekmod for presumed copyright issues that don't really exist?
Then I'd advice to just try it again. Next time, a different moderator will review your upload and hopefully won't do the same mistake as the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Knivel wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you have no technical difficulties, but your upload was rejected by a geekmod for presumed copyright issues that don't really exist?
Then I'd advice to just try it again. Next time, a different moderator will review your upload and hopefully won't do the same mistake as the first one.

I'm guessing maybe it could have been rejected, not entirely sure. I uploaded it yesterday morning so maybe it's just backed up from the holidays? Not sure how to tell if it's been rejected or not. I was going to re-upload it, but was curious if anyone knew the appropriate way to share something on BGG that is fan-made and free. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just post it right on the appropriate board here without submitting it to moderation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
Why not just post it right on the appropriate board here without submitting it to moderation?

Rules are a PDF, you can't embed them directly in a post, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Use Dropbox, etc.

Alternatively, just post the rules as a forum post, linking the file when it gets approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see if it is still in the queue from this link:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/files/boardgame/all?filestate=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed_the_Red wrote:
You can see if it is still in the queue from this link:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/files/boardgame/all?filestate=...

Don't see it. Didn't get a rejected message, not sure what happened. Will just upload it to Dropbox and post it I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.