Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
We just finished the first quest last night. We were able to take down Merrick and his Wrath Incarnate. I was wondering what the locked door was for? We never had any more instructions than explore the lair. There was nothing about finding a key and opening the door. What did I miss? What was in the room behind the locked door? I'm not going back to do it again so spoilers are ok. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
drshizzlewink wrote:
We just finished the first quest last night. We were able to take down Merrick and his Wrath Incarnate. I was wondering what the locked door was for? We never had any more instructions than explore the lair. There was nothing about finding a key and opening the door. What did I miss? What was in the room behind the locked door? I'm not going back to do it again so spoilers are ok. Thanks.

I am curious to this too. It may be an alternate route for easy mode :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In RtL most closed doors can be opened by searching the right search token (yet they aren't marked). I

think I did search the right token but our mage messed up the knowledge test and created something like a mini black hole right in front of him. It was fun, but I couldn't open the door, but I think there is a relic in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallan Greybe
msg tools
The locked door is an optional challenge that occurs when you try to open it. Two characters can stand next to the door and complete a series of tests to get through it. There's a reward that I won't spoil inside.

Also, while failure is bad, I found you could just try to open the door again, so it may be we're talking about different doors DA_Maz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
That damned door.
But the prize inside...

Anyway. When you see any locked door, click on it, and it will tell you what to do with it. In that one's case, you can open it without a key. Prepare for numerous "DAMMIT" shouts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the feedback. That is frustratingangry but good find out after the first quest and know for any future locked doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, moral of the story for this re: RtL is "Always click on everything on the map to see what it is, just in case it has special rules."

That'd include all doors, all search tokens, and any/all objective/villager tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.