United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
OverText
badge
WOOF!
mbmbmbmb
The rules say that (C2.7) "City defense units killed or captured must be recorded on paper so that the units will always be available for any fort or town entered, each time it is entered."

Theres 7 city defense counters. A city/fort can have at most 3 city defense counters in a battle.

So I don't understand why there are 7 of these counters, when at most you would be using 3 in a battle.

And why record their losses or captures? Are there points for these? The victory section doesn't mention city defense units.

If city defense units don't count for victory points, then the Indians would have no point in going to battle in a hex where there are only city defense units, since an Indian or two may get killed for no purpose. Might as well just exit the map. And the city defense units just get resurrected in the city/fort the next time the Indians enter it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen newberg
Canada
ladysmith
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In the original counter sheet I basically ran out of room to do more city defense counters. It is possible that the war bands might hit a number of different targets in the same turn, so I wanted there to be extra units for resolving each and it would be needed that losses were recorded rather than just set aside to be counted later.

best, smn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cisco Serret
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
OverText
badge
WOOF!
mbmbmbmb
wait, what? Counted for what? Are they worth vps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen newberg
Canada
ladysmith
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I do not have a copy of the rules with me, but yes, I think so. Same as for lost infantry, IIRC.

smn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.