Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Deck Tracking for everything. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IjubaI3UmR2-m5SWTDbf...

So I've been trawling the forum for decks for the next order I'm going to put in and ended up gathering everything into one document.
It's still needs some sorting out but I'm sharing it here for other people to see what's out there.

Currently it's split into sheets for Heroes, Villians, Environments, Promos and other.

This is going to change as I get time to sort things out.
Intended changes are Promos are going to be moved to the relevant decks for an easy search, I'll be adding sections for Offical SotM decks with fan made promos as well.

Any mistakes or updates people would like me to add please comment away.

30/11/2016 Just finished a massive update.
Heores, Villains and Environments are all up to date (I hope).
Added Author column so you can find decks from people who don't have their own expansions or do but have some decks outside of them.

Added a few new tabs.
Promos H + V: Starting tracking all the promos that have been made so far..... why do I do this to myself? I may end up splitting the hero one into suggestions and ones that have cards to print.
Promo Collections: For threads that hold lots of promos that I have to sort through later.
New Ideas: For things that get added which don't fit into any other category.
Expansion Tracking: For a fast look at what people have done for their expansions.
Deck Design Threads: A collection of wisdom from various people on the board.
Work in Progress: a couple of threads that i'm not sure if they should be kept here. But until I decide.
Other: I'll get round to sorting these out soon enough, mainly it was a working progress tab for expansion and promo threads.

Questions:
Would people like to see a Campaign tab to track the various camapigns and campaign ideas?
Do people spot any errors and/or ommissions? If so please tell me and i'll fix them.

Finally a quick tally so you guys can see how much work has gone on here over the years.
Heroes: 287
Villains: 135
Environments: 76

so many decks to print, so little time to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I am SO impressed with this! Not only must it have taken you a huge amount of time to assemble, I LOVE the format!

Completely forgot how prolific the Sentinels community is, SO amazing!
Thanks so much for the reminder Seamus!

Looking forward to your further updates to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
This is amazing - there is so much forum to search through it is brilliant to have it all in one searchable place. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Brown
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this is great. Thanks for sharing!

One tweak I might suggest when you can get around to it is list the decks alphabetically instead of in the order they showed up on the forums. Makes it a little easier to find what you're searching for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, there's a ton of decks I'd never heard of!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, sweet

I am now going to feel really guilty when I start breaking up my various threads into new threads (starting with the Mane Six...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb
TakeWalker wrote:
Oh, sweet

I am now going to feel really guilty when I start breaking up my various threads into new threads (starting with the Mane Six...)

Don't feel guilty, just give me a heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bookmarked this thread, I can definitely do this. It won't be happening for a while now anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, great. You brought some of my custom decks back to the light. Now, I'm going to have to get more serious about the ongoing play testing of them.
It's just so hard to find the time, and play testing by one's self is so tedious...

(plus they still need art) (sigh)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is the only change I'm making: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1572632/custom-hero-twiligh...

The Mane Six thread is now just for Twilight Sparkle. :B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb
bumping for update 30-11-16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really neat to see how many decks people have made since the game came out. It is interesting though that so many decks never seem to get past the design phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
My guess is that people mostly stall on the art - very few people have the talent of a tosx! For myself, that's why I have to use carefully cropped official Sentinels art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Adelphophage wrote:
My guess is that people mostly stall on the art - very few people have the talent of a tosx! For myself, that's why I have to use carefully cropped official Sentinels art.

This is about 85% of the hold up for me. The rest would be having limited amount of time to play sentinels and would rather use that time playing with other people (who don't enjoy play testing, so I have to do it on my own). I am still play testing them, just at a very slow rate. I usually don't post deck changes unless I think they're going to stick, so several of my decks on here are currently different than posted, but have only been played in their current state 1-2 times. I've also designed and tested a lot of decks that I haven't posted due to the fact that 1) I've only tested them a few times, 2)I think it's better to finish the decks I've already posted first, and 3) There are currently a LOT of custom decks being posted right now.

But yeah, the whole "not having art" thing is annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb
If you want help playtesting try posting "play test cards" just black and white that gives people something fast they can print out.
Sets like that I've put under the "Cards No Art" heading, I may change it though if people think having a "Playtest Cards" tag would help them get more feed back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Faceontoast wrote:
If you want help playtesting try posting "play test cards" just black and white that gives people something fast they can print out.
Sets like that I've put under the "Cards No Art" heading, I may change it though if people think having a "Playtest Cards" tag would help them get more feed back.
That is a pretty good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Maltman
msg tools
Thank you a million times. I hope you're able to keep this updated as things progress. It is really amazing to see all the love that the community has put into this game. I'm currently poring through all the amazing decks I didn't know existed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
My suggestions for some non-art decks to check out, mostly because of the way they approach the game mechanics.

Aviators: team deck predates The Sentinels, and is really interesting. Some cool ideas.

Cavalier: Imagine a heroine riding a stampede of horses and mythical beasts into battle. Very interesting use of targets and interacting with those targets

Commander Sheppard (joke): This is one of my all-time favorite decks. The quotes and comic titles, the cards, the idea behind it are all fabulous.

Gremlin: Really cool Equip-heavy hero that uses the trash almost as much as her deck.

Wild Spirit Yenaldlooshi: A really cool shape-shifter deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pearson
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Art work is what has become a problem for my set. Not having any talent nor the money to pay an artist has halted my set. We have more ideas, but without art work, it's kinda useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lichtenstein
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faceontoast wrote:

Questions:
Would people like to see a Campaign tab to track the various camapigns and campaign ideas?

YES!!

I would very much like to be able to find all of the campaign ideas that this community has created; I would also like others to be able to easily find my campaign ideas when I post them to the BGG forums.

Thank you for all of your efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tarsonas wrote:
Art work is what has become a problem for my set. Not having any talent nor the money to pay an artist has halted my set. We have more ideas, but without art work, it's kinda useless.

I feel this. I've tried to shift focus to my fan decks (i.e., the ones adapting characters from other IPs to Sentinels) because if nothing else, I can rip official artwork and then never print them ever because of copyright. :B But at least they'll get done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I've also made a couple of threads (one rework for Bunker with printable card) and a lot of people discussing making Expat decent.

Nice compilation though! Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Faceontoast wrote:
This is great advice.

I mentioned in another thread that I made a spreadsheet for generating simple playtest cards in Excel, and was asked to share it, so doing that here.

I put an Excel and Google Drive spreadsheet on the tangent site ("SotM_playtest_card_generator_v1.0"). The sheet has 2 tabs; you paste your card text in the first, and then you can print the second.

The placeholder text and images were from Magnificent Mara's deck. I left the images in there, because it's easy to right click and do "change image" and switch it to your own placeholder image. A little slow, but you can copy/paste cells with images.

EDIT: for printing the second tab, it's intended to be set to Landscape. The "page number" rows should appear at the bottom of each page. Adjust row heights if they don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tosx wrote:
Faceontoast wrote:
This is great advice.

I mentioned in another thread that I made a spreadsheet for generating simple playtest cards in Excel, and was asked to share it, so doing that here.

I put an Excel and Google Drive spreadsheet on the tangent site ("SotM_playtest_card_generator_v1.0"). The sheet has 2 tabs; you paste your card text in the first, and then you can print the second.

The placeholder text and images were from Magnificent Mara's deck. I left the images in there, because it's easy to right click and do "change image" and switch it to your own placeholder image. A little slow, but you can copy/paste cells with images.

my definition of 'simple' must be way different than tosx's. That looks amaze-balls! Thanks for sharing! Hope I get a chance to play with it and see how you managed to turn the info on page 1 into the cards on page 2.

When I tried, I was typing text directly into 'card shaped' cells (I doubt I'll ever have art, so text only). Never could get the size right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That reminds me, would it be worthwhile to have a list of the "naming conventions" and/or the keywords and syntax used on the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.