War of the Ring: Warriors of Middle-earth» Forums » General

Subject: Promo Cards that come with the pre-order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The contents of the "Tidings, Not Burdens" mini-expansion deck for the Warriors of Middle-earth expansion pack are the following, in case anybody was interested: there are two Faction Cards, one for each side:

Fly, you fools!
Play if there is an Eagle Figure in the same region as the Fellowship, and the Fellowship is hidden.

Discard the Eagle Figure in the same region as the Fellowship, and immediately move the Fellowship to the Crack of Doom step on the Mordor track.

The Free Peoples player wins the game unless the Shadow player can Provide a good argument against it.

I was sent to bear tidings not burdens

Look at the cards in the hand of the Free Peoples player.

You may discard one card with the word "Eagle" or "Eagles" on it, removing it permanently from the game. Give back the remaining cards to the Free Peoples player.

If you discard "Fly, You Fools!" In this way, you win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if these will be included with the Limited Edition painted edition, as the Treebeard promo was included with the Limited Edition of LoME?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
The Free Peoples player wins the game unless the Shadow player can Provide a good argument against it.

There's a get-out-clause - provided the Shadow player has a 'good argument' prepared, they don't lose!

Obviously these are kinda joke cards to spring on your friend and wind them up, while promoting a bit of speculation and discussion about why the Eagles didn't take Frodo to Mordor. I would include them, then if I'm playing the FP, I'd allow them any remotely sensible argument to save the game. If I was the Shadow, I'd read the card then not discard a card (since it says 'may'.

Obviously these cards won't be used by anyone taking the game seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Orion3T wrote:
Quote:

There's a get-out-clause - provided the Shadow player has a 'good argument' prepared, they don't lose!

Obviously these are kinda joke cards to spring on your friend and wind them up, while promoting a bit of speculation and discussion about why the Eagles didn't take Frodo to Mordor. I would include them, then if I'm playing the FP, I'd allow them any remotely sensible argument to save the game. If I was the Shadow, I'd read the card then not discard a card (since it says 'may'.

come on, it's the only way to play it now, the meta has changed for real this time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Captain
United States
Travis AFB
California
flag msg tools
Carry On!
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as they are included in my CSI.com order... I'm happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't really mention what happens if the Shadow Player(s) give a good argument.

Do the Free Peoples lose the game, presumably due to the Fellowship being killed along the way along with the Great Eagles carrying them? Or is the action plainly reverted, as if nothing had happened / it failed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some dude
Netherlands
Groningen
There dismay took them, for at the gate was a guard of whom no tidings had yet gone forth.
flag msg tools
Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth. There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him, and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.
badge
Then swiftly all his inwards were filled with a flame of anguish, and the Silmaril seared his accursed flesh. Howling he led before them, and the walls of the valley of the Gate echoes with the clamour of his torment.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is silly.
I was expecting 'real' promo cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
flag msg tools
This is great. I hate "real" promo cards and they are a perfect answer to all those "Why didn't they just fly with the eagles to destroy the Ring?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Sargeras777 wrote:
Orion3T wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't really mention what happens if the Shadow Player(s) give a good argument.

Do the Free Peoples lose the game, presumably due to the Fellowship being killed along the way along with the Great Eagles carrying them? Or is the action plainly reverted, as if nothing had happened / it failed?

Good ole left hook from forces of light cancels any arguments, they just forgot to include it on the card.

Seriously these cards are perfect they add another level to the game where I can tease shadow player, make him nervous. Ares you're the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Does anyone know when Warriors will ship. It's supposed to be September but is that now or late September?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GTS Distribution just says Sept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
Sargeras777 wrote:
Orion3T wrote:
Quote:

Good ole left hook from forces of light cancels any arguments, they just forgot to include it on the card.

Seriously these cards are perfect they add another level to the game where I can tease shadow player, make him nervous. Ares you're the best

The Shadow Faction Card almost makes its too tempting to regularly include in the game.

I think I would include the Promo Cards if the FP card had the following amendment:

"The card may be at any time discarded, without your opponent seeing you, and another Faction card drawn as a replacement."

This way, the game would be tense for both players (also in a humorous way). The way the promo cars are currently included would mean that if the Faction card is drawn there is simply no way to voluntarily get rid of it and the game folds down to simply the timing for the Shadow to draw his win-card.

There also seems to be quite a bit of logic behind the Free Peoples card, while I'm not quite sure I understand the Shadow card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heath
Australia
Crafers
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
GTS Distribution just says Sept.

I just got a reply from Ares Games to a query about the LoME expansion (available again in November) - they said Warriors of ME would be out in a week or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like 'em too. The only way they could have been better is if the cards text stated that the Sauron player has to use the voice of Smeagle when they argue and the Free Peoples can use a voice of any of the Fellowship (both from the movie franchise), whoever has the best impersonation gets a point to their favor.

"No noes master, Smeeeagle knows the best way to Mordor not big nasty birds, and they gets hungry too and hobbitis their favorite snack, mmm nom nom come master Smeagle will show you the way."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.