7 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Rope and handcuffs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools

I was curious if anyone came across one of these unique items during one of your plays?

If not, could it be a clue to another (free)scenario that has yet to be releases which will only require the basegame?

Maybe a "Green Eyed Boy" that needed some more playtesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have gotten the handcuffs. I won't say where, to avoid spoilers, but they're definitely used in one of the scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
Though there's always the possibility of a new scenario that only requires the base game, any cards left unused in the base four scenarios could be included for use in scenarios requiring first edition boxes, Suppressed Memories, or Recurring Nightmares. Those boxes don't include new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thief Mnemonic

Texas
msg tools
mb
Not yet, but I'm sure the RNG elder gods will allow them to surface, precisely when they intend them to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
DancingFool wrote:
I have gotten the handcuffs. I won't say where, to avoid spoilers, but they're definitely used in one of the scenarios.

Oh, how cool. I played All the scenario's but never saw them.

With how many investigators did you play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobbieGemini wrote:
DancingFool wrote:

Oh, how cool. I played All the scenario's but never saw them.

With how many investigators did you play?

It was a solo game with two investigators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
I can confirm the obscure appearance of the handcuffs but I think primarily they will be used as part of a mechanic in one of the two upcoming scenarios. At a guess, the Call of the Wild one, because the 4 NPCs from that set have not yet been used either.

It seems very obvious to me that these scenarios were designed alongside the base game ones and held back. There are also a number of 2nd edition tiles not yet used that will presumably be used in these scenarios. Ghosts to date are barely used and never 2 at once. So the base game content was clearly designed to incorporate these scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.