Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone hesitates, or switches late after the 1.2.3.shoot! command, how do we proceed? Is it as thought that player has bowed out? Do we discard his/her bullet card only?

Thanks for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Give them the stink eye, and tell them to get with the program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbrna wrote:
If someone hesitates, or switches late after the 1.2.3.shoot! command, how do we proceed? Is it as thought that player has bowed out? Do we discard his/her bullet card only?

Thanks for any clarification.

I would mulligan the whole round and start again, encouraging my fellow players to target the guilty party otherwise they will do it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All great ideas!

I asked because the rule book says, "Note: Be careful, a player who is too slow will not hold anyone up that turn."

What exactly does that mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like the intention is that if you're too slow, you sit the round out. I'm not sure that's entirely fair, except for repeated infractions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player is then forced to play Monopoly in the corner by themselves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
The player is then forced to play Monopoly in the corner by themselves!

With free parking and no auctions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
It sounds like the intention is that if you're too slow, you sit the round out. I'm not sure that's entirely fair, except for repeated infractions.

I took it to mean that you get to be in the round but you miss out on a chance to shoot someone (and lose the card played). So if no one shot that player and they didn't back down, they would get to participate in getting loot.

I have never had to address this situation in my group though and will be surprised if we ever do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Rodego wrote:
MercifulBiscuit wrote:

I took it to mean that you get to be in the round but you miss out on a chance to shoot someone (and lose the card played). So if no one shot that player and they didn't back down, they would get to participate in getting loot.

I have never had to address this situation in my group though and will be surprised if we ever do.

This. Their bullet card still get 'played' even though they aren't pointing their gun at any one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
To make things flow smoother with new players, when we're ready to aim, I'll always say something like, "Ok, everyone get your target in mind now. There shouldn't be any thinking about it once I start counting. Everyone got their target picked? Great. 1, 2, 3..."

It always works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.