Hide
7 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Storage Recommendation for Miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dedicated To Fun
msg tools
Does anyone have a recommendation on how to store all the miniatures that come in the box? There are a ton of them, and right now I'm just stacking them on top of one another; however, some of them are less stable due to having smaller pegs so this is not ideal. Thoughts? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
What I've done is take a small shoe box that fits inside the big box (after removing the insert) and I've managed to get all the minis except the two Star Spawns in there. Then I've packed in a few pieces of tissue to stop the minis moving around too much during transport.

It doesn't look particularly elegant but it's certainly worked a treat so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Gazbowski wrote:
What I've done is take a small shoe box that fits inside the big box (after removing the insert) and I've managed to get all the minis except the two Star Spawns in there. Then I've packed in a few pieces of tissue to stop the minis moving around too much during transport.

It doesn't look particularly elegant but it's certainly worked a treat so far.

Nice! My copy gets to my door on Thursday. Been giving myself a headache just thinking about how Im going to store everything. Ive never made any sort of foam core insert, or anything. Someone on here did message me some really amazing plans for a foam core insert, though...

http://www.foamcore.nl/MOM_plan/

I prefer to not have to get "artsy and craftsy" to store my game. So I think finding a small shoe box, or couple small like boxes will probably be a winner for me. With the tokens in Planos and the tiles...well...maybe baggies for those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I throw everything in a big bag, even though they are painted! But I've glued the minis to the bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali B

California
msg tools
mbmb
At this point (since we have too many boxes between first and second edition), I've been keeping all miniatures in one box while all the other game components go in a second one. This lets me put nearly all of the minis flat and upright, and it's just the cultists that have to get stacked on top of other figures. However, I'll probably end up building a foam core insert at some point, since Fantasy Flight really don't provide a useful box insert for their games.

A small to medium tackle box, with little cubbies in it and some larger space in the bottom, might also be a viable solution; we've used those for games with lots of components and miniatures in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Hiraki
Netherlands
Heeswijk-Dinther
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also see the boxes with comes with the plan

http://www.foamcore.nl/MansionsofMadness/

Someone asked me if I had the measurements for the plan so I did it in a hush,

If I have time I will sketch the plan digital

Marco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Jello
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feldherr is making nice squishy inserts, hopefully they will show up on their Amazon site when available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.