United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is after the initial 4 improvements the rest get put back in the box? There was nothing in the rules about drawing replacement improvements after you build one. Wasn't sure if there was a maximum of 4 per game or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
repthrd wrote:
My guess is after the initial 4 improvements the rest get put back in the box? There was nothing in the rules about drawing replacement improvements after you build one. Wasn't sure if there was a maximum of 4 per game or not.

I have wondered this as well. As you said, it does not say what exactly to do in the rulebook after an improvement has been built.

But, in Rodney's Watch It Played video, he says to replace a card that is bought with a random card from the improvement deck.

So in our game, we went with Rodney's rule from the video. I am pretty sure Plaid Hat looks over his videos to help catch any last minute rules mistakes, so I feel like they would have corrected him if that rule was incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good point. Plaidhat seems to work closely with Watch It Played and promotes his videos. So I assume he is playing correctly as designed.

When I read the rules, I never saw anything that said you put the deck back in the box after drawing 4 improvements. So I just assumed the deck remained in play and therefore you replace any built improvements with a new one from the deck. But that isn't clear from the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the playtesting rules there was explicit replacement of the built improvement with a new one from the deck. I have to assume it got lost in the editing for the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brzezinski
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the three games I've played, we just pulled four improvements and left it at that. It did not even occur to us to replenish the improvements, especially since the four we randomly pulled seemed to work so well for the scenarios we were running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.