Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Official Wulfsburg campaign 'The Fire God' released rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON has just released the promised campaign for use with the Wulfsburg expansion.

Quote:
Hail Survivors!

We are pleased to announce that the second extra campaign unlocked during the Kickstarter is now online for all backers to enjoy! The Fire God is a campaign that utilizes the Wulfsburg expansion to put the Survivors through a fiery test!

[...]

Raise thy Swords!

source

pdf download link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, reading through it now. Only a few quests in, but so far it definitely seems well thought out compared to the first "Campaign", Places of Interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saw this at the KS.
yup... and no only better thought compared to the 1st campaign; but also very nice quests, these are more than just "pick X".. nicely done.

OP thanks for he thread and link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
saw this at the KS.
yup... and no only better thought compared to the 1st campaign; but also very nice quests, these are more than just "pick X".. nicely done.

OP thanks for he thread and link

You're welcome. I thought I'd post it here for everyone who doesn't check the KS page or doesn't follow CMON's twitter account.

There are some pretty cool and creative objectives in those quests. I really like what I've read so far and can't wait to play this campaign with my gaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yea, I love the one with the dragon tower.. cant wait to try it out lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen bruton
msg tools
mb
Am I going crazy or is the only end point to the loop 'the campaign fails'. is there any 'The campaign succeeds'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now we just need them to put up community collected scenarios an support BP as much as the original was supported for downloadable scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
surg3on wrote:
Am I going crazy or is the only end point to the loop 'the campaign fails'. is there any 'The campaign succeeds'?

Seems like you're right. A campaign to be played endlessly (?!) is kinda strange.

After Armageddon you have to go back to Meet the Fire God to 'free another temple' on success. If you fail you're going to play 'Beat Back the Fire' which can fail the entire campaign or send you back to 'The Crimson Twins' which in turn leads you to Armageddon and here we go again...

I get the feeling that they just forgot to add something like 'you may go back to Meet the Fire God to free another temple or win the campaign' after Armageddon because the first page states:
Quote:
The campaign closes with Armageddon. It can lead you back to the first Quest, to create a circular setting.

As it is, there is no can but maybe CMON just don't want us to stop playing. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zakoholic wrote:
surg3on wrote:

Seems like you're right. A campaign to be played endlessly (?!) is kinda strange.

After Armageddon you have to go back to Meet the Fire God to 'free another temple' on success. If you fail you're going to play 'Beat Back the Fire' which can fail the entire campaign or send you back to 'The Crimson Twins' which in turn leads you to Armageddon and here we go again...

I get the feeling that they just forgot to add something like 'you may go back to Meet the Fire God to free another temple or win the campaign' after Armageddon because the first page states:
Quote:
The campaign closes with Armageddon. It can lead you back to the first Quest, to create a circular setting.

As it is, there is no can but maybe CMON just don't want us to stop playing. devil

well, no... I read it as.. when you beat Armageddon you won. You just cleansed one temple, but they might be more.

I haven`t try it yet (working this week) but what I`m planning to do, is introduce different "abomination temple", I would add the abomination and +/- necromancer gradually. Planning for 2 temple so far (likely would add some special effect depending on the abomination) and when the second is cleanse, you win the campaign

what I don't get is WTH are the "fire tokens" referred to on Armageddon quest... is this just any token that you drop? or the fire dragon token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:

well, no... I read it as.. when you beat Armageddon you won. You just cleansed one temple, but they might be more.

I haven`t try it yet (working this week) but what I`m planning to do, is introduce different "abomination temple", I would add the abomination and +/- necromancer gradually. Planning for 2 temple so far (likely would add some special effect depending on the abomination) and when the second is cleanse, you win the campaign

what I don't get is WTH are the "fire tokens" referred to on Armageddon quest... is this just any token that you drop? or the fire dragon token?

Yes, that's probably what they meant. My comment was more tongue-in-cheek because the game has a tendency for vague conditions/rules.

The different temple approach definitely sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to hear more after you've fleshed it out and played it!

Regarding the fire tokens: I think they just mean the back side of the Dragon Bile tokens since those are the only fire tokens in the game (and also because they cause a Dragon Fire effect).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damjan Makuc
Slovenia
Idrija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy

Now I just need to pick up Wulfsburg zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can already picture all the mess caused by the "dropping fire" rule on a board filled with tokens and miniatures cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zakoholic wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:

Yes, that's probably what they meant. My comment was more tongue-in-cheek because the game has a tendency for vague conditions/rules.

The different temple approach definitely sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to hear more after you've fleshed it out and played it!

Regarding the fire tokens: I think they just mean the back side of the Dragon Bile tokens since those are the only fire tokens in the game (and also because they cause a Dragon Fire effect).

so true LOL

will do 1st need to finish my own campaign (which is gonna take a while, but yea.. )

thanks, that`s what I though. But again they never use the same terms for rules or anything lol

XofMdS wrote:
I can already picture all the mess caused by the "dropping fire" rule on a board filled with tokens and miniatures cry

yup.. and I`m not doing it or dealing with that mess.. gonna test more or less how many times that thing bounce.. and then just rolled a die, assigning numbers to the zones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
XofMdS wrote:

yup.. and I`m not doing it or dealing with that mess.. gonna test more or less how many times that thing bounce.. and then just rolled a die, assigning numbers to the zones
One thought is to roll a d4 and say that many zones get hit with the effect and then roll another die to identify which zones.

Not sure that is the best though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talae wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
XofMdS wrote:

One thought is to roll a d4 and say that many zones get hit with the effect and then roll another die to identify which zones.

Not sure that is the best though...

it might be a good alternative. But I figure that how many times that thing bounce should be pretty constant. After all is the same weight and the same gravity force. what would change in how tall the person dropping it is. but considering I play this just me and my bf.. I`ll drop it a few times, he drop it a few times and I`ll come with an average number.
If I see that is too complicated, your option sound really tempting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:

I can already see someone from my group throwing it off the table.

Seriously though, the amount of tokens on the board is one thing that annoys me a little when playing Z:BP. Also, it drives my OCD crazy because those things are constantly moving around. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zakoholic wrote:
XofMdS wrote:

I can already see someone from my group throwing it off the table.

Seriously though, the amount of tokens on the board is one thing that annoys me a little when playing Z:BP. Also, it drives my OCD crazy because those things are constantly moving around. cry

there, there.. shush, shush...
(lol)

telling you man, houserule something to avoid dropping that HUGE thing over your game. can you imaging??
1. drop fire dragon cardboard
2. hits doors, zombies and push them around
3. hmmm... where was thins?
and that is counting it wont push something off the table and brake it..

NO WAY that is being drop over my game... is just normally the 2 of us; but if in a game night someone wants to play that they ARE NOT dropping that, or they are playing the campaign with someone else... (As mean as that might sound, but yea..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is Armageddon.
Something pushed stay where it has been moved.
Something Fallen considered killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is probably nit picky but:

I'm not dropping anything on the minis I've spent so much time painting, no way!

Secondly, the "bounce" factor will be quite different between the cardboard and plastic tokens. I would imagine that the plastic would have much more bounce to it.

Its a neat idea, and out of the box as for as the thinking goes, I get that its a fun idea, but just no! NO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.