North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a few clarifications on the anti-tank combat:

The rulebook wrote:
Only one Anti-Tank attack of any type may be conducted from each square in any one Turn.

So in each square I have to choose between Armored, Special, or Unarmed anti-tank combat. If I have a tank and a special weapon I could use, I can only pick one.

What about if I have two Special weapons? Since it's still only one "type" of anti-tank combat, can I fire them both? Is it one roll (like close combat), or would I roll for each? (And, the same question would apply to having multiple people eligible for Unarmed anti-tank combat; it's still only one "type" so can I do more than one?)

The rulebook wrote:
Only one Armour target in a square may be the subject of each attack...

I thought only one German armor unit could be in a square at a time, so why would it matter that only one could be the target?

The rulebook wrote:
If a Special Weapon Anti-Tank attack has been launched, regardless of its outcome, place an Anti-Tank Attack marker in the square where the attack originated.

Great! Uh...what does it do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, no thoughts on this? It's really the only area of the rules left that I'm unclear on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm nowhere near an official source, but my read on it is that only a single attack can be conducted regardless of the presence of multiple eligible weapons/attackers. The Anti-Tank Marker is (I think) just meant to be a reminder that such an attack was made, in case you have a serious impediment to your short-term memory.

I think the "Only one armor unit" restriction is likely an unnecessary clarification or an artifact from some earlier ruleset, because as far as I know there will only ever be one tank per square. Maybe there's some edge case or event that breaks that rule but I can't think of what it might be.

Far from certain on any of this, and nowhere near my rulebook at present. But that's my quick read on the situation and (I think) how I've played it in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks!

That's probably how I'll play it as well. Though it's very strange that the rule about placing the AT marker only applies to Special Weapon attacks and not the others.

I feel like there's something the rulebook is trying to express to me here that it's failing at, but until then I'll play it as you have: one attack of one type may be made from each square targeting one adjacent tank, the AT markers will stay in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.