Subject: Abandoned Space Lanes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Lacey
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Question:

The rules say to remove a space lane to a system that is only connected to one space lane and is not in use.

-When in the turn sequence do you remove the space lane?

-Does this potentially create a bunch of systems that aren't connected to any space lanes at all?

-Can another player, snatch the un-connected but explored system and connect it up to a new space lane half way across the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seratone wrote:
Question:

The rules say to remove a space lane to a system that is only connected to one space lane system and is not in use.

-When in the turn sequence do you remove the space lane?

as soon as it happens, i.e. as soon as a ship leaves the space lane empty.

Seratone wrote:
-Does this potentially create a bunch of systems that aren't connected to any space lanes at all?

-Can another player, snatch the un-connected but explored system and connect it up to a new space lane half way across the board?

No, these can't happen. You only remove empty space lanes that extend from a single system, connecting to nothing.

So a space lane with a system on both sides would never be removed.

Edited your rule quote above to be more accurate. Perhaps that is where the confusion lies. Check pg 12 again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are reading the rule wrong. You only remove empty space lanes that are only connected to ONE system. This will not leave any unconnected SYSTEMS.

I suppose such space lanes are removed immediately when they fulfill the requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.