Subject: Failing an attribute test on purpose rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Bowers
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We had a situation where a hero wanted to fail an attribute test on purpose and just couldn't get the dice to roll failure for him. He argued that it made sense that he could fail a test if he wanted, but I hadn't seen anything in the rules that allows for that, so I didn't let him fail it.

Any thoughts from the hardcore Descent players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silidus
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
You can't fail an attribute on purpose.

Think of it like really wanting to laugh at a friends joke, but passing the intelligence test. 8}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, why would he want to purposely fail an attribute test?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Off the top of my head, to punk the OL out of his free card from Poison Dart if the hero succeeds, which tends from my experience to be the only useful thing to do with that card. Basically culls the deck down to 14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Bowers
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why would he want to purposely fail an attribute test?

Rellegar's Rest in the Heirs of Blood Campaign. The Heroes had the staff, but the OL had the hallway blocked off by monsters. They wanted to make a quick escape by searching the nearby green token and failing the attribute check. A failed test on that token sends you back to the unique space near the entrance, thereby bypassing the corridor stopped up by the monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best you can do is to ask the worst hero to make the test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Havighorst
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook does not include the option to voluntarily fail the test, so the answer is clearly no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.