GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,824 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Lighter version of T.I.M.E Stories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Fox
msg tools
mb
I'm looking for a game I can play with my regular group that's along the lines of T.I.M.E Stories.

My group often welcomes a new player every now and again but I like the idea of a role playing game that's almost like a Murder Mystery but doesn't get very complex. Finding clues, sharing information, social deduction.

I'm definitely not looking for a 'Warewolf' style game - no player elimination or secret roles - I have plenty of those. More so looking for scenario games that can be taught quickly and doesn't take up the whole night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmb
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases may fit the bill. There are barely any rules and it's almost 100% "finding clues, sharing information, and social deduction".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
You might want to look into the escape room games.

Escape the Room: Mystery at the Stargazer's Manor and its sequel Escape the Room: Secret of Dr. Gravely's Retreat or the recently released Escape Room: The Game

The first two are listed as 90+ but take about an hour each. And the box says 3-8 but you might want to stick to 1-4 (like TIME Stories) since they were so linear, the fewer the better.

The last one has 4 60 minute scenarios. (But two of them might be super short.) And can probably support a few more players easier.

They're not an exact match for TIME Stories, there's no real narrative beyond the opening text but they have the group puzzle solving aspect. Being puzzle games, they have 0 replayability but the Escape the Room games are totally repackageable and Escape Room: the Game is sorta mostly repackageable if you are careful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.