220 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Target] All Board Games B2G1 Free Sale - Starts Sunday 9/11/16 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
msg tools
This Sunday, Target will have it's B2G1 Free on all board games (except Cards Against Humanity)

Basically 33% off for all games, granted you have to get 3 and to maximize your savings they have to be around the same value.

Starts 9/11/16. Extra 5% off with Target Redcard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In before the Hot Deals Police show up and tell the OP this belongs in the "Discussing Retailers" sub-forum. Wait, a second!?! Sh*t!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's a darn good thing I wasn't in the market for any Cards Against Humanity anyway, but why is that off the list?

Pete (thinks that's the only game he truly hates on)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Alva
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/204886/suspicion

If anyone was curious like me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I would imagine given that a fair portion of what Target carries is Target exclusive it wouldn't be possible anyways but does anyone know if it would be possible to price match any of the games and still get the B2G1 deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Well it's a darn good thing I wasn't in the market for any Cards Against Humanity anyway, but why is that off the list?

Sometimes a brand has resale policies that exclude deals and sales like this. You see it all the time with things like Sony, Lego and Dyson. Usually brands that consider themselves more exclusive or upscale though, so CAH is a bit of a surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

Sometimes a brand has resale policies that exclude deals and sales like this. You see it all the time with things like Sony, Lego and Dyson. Usually brands that consider themselves more exclusive or upscale though, so CAH is a bit of a surprise.

It's probably a Target decision rather than a part of the CAH deal.

My guess is that CAH is a constant and reliable seller and they feel including it in this sale is a losing proposition.

Of course, this is all total speculation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
DaFees wrote:
I would imagine given that a fair portion of what Target carries is Target exclusive it wouldn't be possible anyways but does anyone know if it would be possible to price match any of the games and still get the B2G1 deal?

Price match Amazon. I use that extensively each one of these sales. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Unless they've recently redefined their policies, there's no prohibition to them granting the match and the desk. There is argument on either side, and they will argue it here, but until their price match policy is more clear, it's all gray imho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
mirth00 wrote:
7.5?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the OP neglected to give us a link...

http://www.target.com/c/board-games-puzzles-toys/-/N-5xt9h?S...

Filters are on the left. You can 'show more' under game type and click on Strategy Games, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:

I was in a game store once where the owner was going on and on to a customer justifying charging 120% MSRP for Cards Against Humanity because they don't give a discount to retailers. Maybe they really don't?*

*(Granted, ALL of the games were greater than MSRP at his store, and all had a layer of dust on them, the game store was crappy crappy, and the guy talked with the air of authority that people full of crap have, so who knows if that is actually true.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Brooking
United States
Carnation
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Cult of the used.
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
mirth00 wrote:
7.5?!?

If it keeps that rating when it has significantly more votes that 14, it will rival Ticket to Ride!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Weber
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looked at Evolution since it's on my wishlist.

http://www.target.com/p/evolution/-/A-50247438

Ouch! Expensive even if you knock 33% off. I can get this at Cardhaus with in-store pickup option for 36.99 plus tax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Elliott
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fifteenkeys wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

I was in a game store once where the owner was going on and on to a customer justifying charging 120% MSRP for Cards Against Humanity because they don't give a discount to retailers. Maybe they really don't?*

*(Granted, ALL of the games were greater than MSRP at his store, and all had a layer of dust on them, the game store was crappy crappy, and the guy talked with the air of authority that people full of crap have, so who knows if that is actually true.)

my local game store charges above MSRP because as they explained it they have to pay MSRP as well, they only carry it because people kept asking why they didn't have it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sale is perfect for the two Jenga sets that I wanted. Thanks OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jeff Weber wrote:

Ouch! Expensive even if you knock 33% off. I can get this at Cardhaus with in-store pickup option for 36.99 plus tax.

Wrong game. This is the right one. And no, you cannot get it at Cardhaus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
graywolf323 wrote:
fifteenkeys wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

my local game store charges above MSRP because as they explained it they have to pay MSRP as well, they only carry it because people kept asking why they didn't have it

They do offer wholesale pricing, but it's apparently an exclusive list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
graywolf323 wrote:
fifteenkeys wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

Way back when they first started the CAH team explained why they do this in detail but I can't find it now. But it did confirm all the guesses here about them charging full retail price and wanting clear control over their product's distribution. I believe Target was an intentional partnership to see how they fared in a retail environment with prices matching their Amazon model. Which is clearly working out just fine for them as they get to sleep on mattresses filled with hundred dollar bills and Pete's hatred.

*edit* Damian is faster and has more current information. Listen to him instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately (unless they've added a lot of new games), I believe I own everything worth getting from Target's board game selection.

Actually, there might be some stuff after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking through target site too many games are currently at full msrp to make this that great of a deal. Maybe they will price match other sites before the sale starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
And now we wait.
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget that, the hotter deal is that free $10 gift card with the purchase of that basketball game and a bag of chips!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can save a good bit of money this way with some of the board games. Thanks for the post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Thoughts wrote:
Jeff Weber wrote:

Wrong game. This is the right one. And no, you cannot get it at Cardhaus.

And IMHO it's the best version of Evolution. Really quick and streamlined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
In before the Hot Deals Police show up and tell the OP this belongs in the "Discussing Retailers" sub-forum. Wait, a second!?! Sh*t!

I feel posts like these are just as cliche as the posts you are trying to preempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.