Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that tokens are going away in this set- to be replaced with cards.

I, personally, like the tokens in the other sets. They are attractive and add a nice feel when anted. They are easy to keep track of on the board as well.

Anyways, really looking forward to the new fighters --- even though I have yet to play all the fighters I have at least one time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Not only are tokens pleasingly tactile, there is value in consistency across sets, particularly when some fighters have effects that directly reference tokens and/or markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get this information? I agree that tokens are pretty nice, but if this means it keeps the game very affordable, then I respect the decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
They could always sell an upgrade pack that replaced any cards referencing tokens and include the card versions, even Magic the gathering uses cards now to represent 1/1 creature tokens and the like from what I've seen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for tokens. I mean, I'm all in for BattleCON forever, so not like I won't be getting the game. They could print the new characters on copier paper with an inkjet printer and I'd still buy it.

I just like the tokens. They're meaty, feel good, look good on the table. Cards are a fine idea, it's just that switching to cards after tokens for so long...well, I just don't inconsistency between titles. It's why I gave BattleCON War 1st edition a total pass on kickstarter - the component art clashed too much, and it wasn't until Devastation launched with a cohesive style that I looked into BattleCON in the first place.

Plus, well, I just want my Wanderers character to have nice chunky Wisp markers, haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokens are nice, bit cards make sense for having all the characters with style, base and token cards together. I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Tokens in the abstract, but in reality it can be a bit much sometimes. Plus cards make storage easier. What kills me is there's talk of a change in visual style on the cards and tuckboxes this time. We just got war consistent with devastation and we are breaking off from that already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
Where did you get this information? I agree that tokens are pretty nice, but if this means it keeps the game very affordable, then I respect the decision.

Brad mentioned this in the GenCon interview (so far the only video attached to Trial of Indines here at the Geek).

..going back and re-watching, he says that "a lot of the tokens will be put on mini cards" so maybe that means there will still be 'some' tokens.

I was shuffling through the various fighter kits I have, and I don't see too many examples, on first pass, where I think that mini-cards would be *better* than the published tokens...we shall see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Maybe we will get lucky and get mini euro sized cards to replace all tokens , and tokens, that way we can choose our preference

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Piccadilly wrote:
Maybe we will get lucky and get mini euro sized cards to replace all tokens

I would jump all over this option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthage wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:
Maybe we will get lucky and get mini euro sized cards to replace all tokens

I would jump all over this option.

True, if they offered a pack of token cards to cover all previous fighters, I'd be happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sagas is confusing enough as it is, I can only see this muddying things even further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lari Rissanen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the tokens will be replaced with mini-cards for all new characters I wonder if there will be somekind of upgrade kit to have tokens of the old characters replaced with mini-cards as well...

For the sake of consistency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.