6 Posts

The Captain Is Dead» Forums » General

Subject: Purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Searle
msg tools
Hey,

First of all great game. I recommend buying it if you're into co-op games and can get it at a fair price.

Now to the issue, I played this at PAX West from the lending library, but couldn't locate a copy to buy for the life of me (they should have a copy on hand to buy for all that are available).

On the way home, I decided to check out the purchase price, but it's pretty costly, all things considered. $50 USD + $40 USD Shipping = $115 CAD for the base game.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this any cheaper? I'd be good paying $50-70 CAD including shipping, but $115 is pretty high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they may be running another kickstarter project for the next expansion. I'd dare say the base game may also be included. Subscribe to the game to be notified of any news.

That said, their postage is still quite high.

I got together with a few local Aussies last time to buy several copies, which reduced the shipping rate.

There are also a few copies listed as 'for trade' - maybe someone else would surrender their copy at a cheaper rate of postage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
There are several copies available at BoardGameBliss at $66.95 CAD - I've always ordered enough for free shipping, but even with shipping you'll probably be close to your target price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have been holding out for that new kickstarter for quite some time now. But then I'll want all the things, expansion packs and minis / meeples and the like, so I feel waiting for the KS (or announcement to the contrary) is my strategy for now.

Great thematic game, very pretty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
johnsearle wrote:
Hey,

First of all great game. I recommend buying it if you're into co-op games and can get it at a fair price.

Now to the issue, I played this at PAX West from the lending library, but couldn't locate a copy to buy for the life of me (they should have a copy on hand to buy for all that are available).

On the way home, I decided to check out the purchase price, but it's pretty costly, all things considered. $50 USD + $40 USD Shipping = $115 CAD for the base game.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this any cheaper? I'd be good paying $50-70 CAD including shipping, but $115 is pretty high.

Brilliant game. Few clunky issues, but nothing you can't play through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Update on the Episode 3 KS here... https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23635998#23635998

rizendefrag wrote:
Episode 3 will be on Kickstarter in a couple of weeks if all goes according to plan. Episode 4 will be at Protospiel Chicago this weekend. http://www.protospiel-chicago.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.