Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark S.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
It was a cagey match.
I was Stark, my friend Greyjoy.

I was able to take an early advantage on the board by going with some Stark bread-and-butter: 'Winds Of Winter' plot card (2 claim) and some old-fashioned 'Put To The Sword'. Wiped out his three characters including Euron.

I was up 8-0 on the scoreboard. There was a nagging sense that I had failed to exploit the opening that I created, however, and soon whatever board advantage I had was lost.

Still, I figured with the lead I had, I could walk it across the finish line. But, Euron rose from the dead, and well, you know the rest.

Long story short, the back and forth on this game was extraordinary, and some characters with Power tokens were discarded or killed. All of which made for a longer game. I think we reshuffled the plot deck and were on our 8th (maybe 9th?) plot card before it ended.

I don't remember going past 7 plot cards in the 50 or so games i've played more than a 4 or 5 times.

Anyone have a different experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Golin
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
I once cycled plots twice....

...It was the best game I've ever played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
omgitsblake wrote:
I once cycled plots twice....

...It was the best game I've ever played.

Must have been an epic match.

My first few games, before I had more than 2 core sets, it seemed like the average game took a few more plots. Then as decks got more potent, they rarely went beyond the 6th inning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.