Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had some bad experience shipping across border where boxes got crushed and dented. Assuming the KS edition ships from Greece, aren't Artipia and KS backers concerned about potential damage in transit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had Artipia's games sent to me on a few occasions (both through Kickstarter and direct from them), and don't recall any damage at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have more worries shipping within the US whistle

I was just shipped a game where the mailing label was slapped on the shrink wrap and sent - you can imagine the condition it arrived in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nope - I've backed another Artipia campaign and my game arrived in great shape. Plus I know that should any damage occur, Artipia will make it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general it hasn't been a huge problem...however their most recent KS (Pursuit of Happiness) had some major issues for at least a vocal amount of people...I don't know what happened, but there were a fair number of backers that received their games with the shipping box gouged/torn open and damage to the game box and some components...and the stretch goal cards missing.

My friend and I both had shipping boxes that were heavily damaged...mine was okay, so I didn't pursue a replacement box...but my friends was a completely different story.

That said, you only hear from the backers that have issues, not the ones for whom it works just fine. I think Artipia said typically they have over 95% or more of their shipments work just fine...but it is extremely frustrating if you are in the small percentage for whom it fails...yes they will fix you up, but it inevitably takes another 3-4 weeks minimum for the components to get to you.

I have gone ahead and backed Fields of Green...but I'd be remiss if I don't mention that I have some concerns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.