Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First and foremost, I would like to say that I have been looking forward to Broadhorns! Early Trade on the Mississippi for quite some time now; and I am thrilled that it is getting published. Secondly, however, concerns a rather glaring geographical error. Since this game involves early trade on the Mississippi, the town of Kaskaskia was in Illinois, and not in Missouri. As a matter of fact, Kaskaskia was initially the first capital of Illinois, and it wasn't until the Mississippi River shifted eastward to it's new channel in 1881, which is even after Abraham Lincoln's time, that most of the town resided in Missouri. Since the game isn't published yet, perhaps there is still time for the historical correction and, as I mentioned at the outset, I am looking forward to Broadhorns! Early Trade on the Mississippi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Educational!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of Kaskaskia was destroyed by flooding in 1881 as the Mighty Mississippi shifted eastward because crews had cleared the river banks of trees used for fuel to feed both steamboat and railroad enterprises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait as well, this and Pioneer Days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Harmon
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to the artist and he was able to correct the location of kaskaskia pretty easily. Thanks for pointing this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.