Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Zephro
United States
Aptos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see that Coolstuff and others are taking pre-order for Krosmaster Arena 2.0. Any news on how this differs from the original other than the fact that Cool Mini or Not is releasing it? Just wondering if I need this over the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hunsucker
United States
vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mb
It will have new rule set and new minis, CMON is just the US distributor you will get better news from the actual creators website http://www.krosmaster.com/en/game/discover-board-game and here http://krosfinder.com/ <--- I like this place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of minor rule tweaks and a totally revamped set of demon tokens are the main difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
A couple of minor rule tweaks and a totally revamped set of demon tokens are the main difference.

Also, all previous models and their cards will be compatible with the new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just you wait.
badge
There's a million things I haven't done.
mb
A new double-sided map and new terrain bits as well.

The less-generic feel of the new map really makes me believe that 2.0 was designed to be used alongside 1.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mb
Been looking everywhere for a release date? Do we have one? I am thinking of getting into krosmaster(mostly play some friendly games), have tried the online version and liked it but don't know where to start. Only have 1 copy left in all the stores in my country so should I go for that or wait for 2.0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc says expected release is October 14, 2016
Miniature Market says October.

So hopefully some time this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mb
tlee33 wrote:
CoolStuffInc says expected release is October 14, 2016
Miniature Market says October.

So hopefully some time this month.

Then I will hold off on purchase. Maybe just some expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let you know, 2.0 has an all new set of 8 figures so even if you bought the original game, you'd have 8 different figures to play with too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mb
tlee33 wrote:
Just to let you know, 2.0 has an all new set of 8 figures so even if you bought the original game, you'd have 8 different figures to play with too.

That is just mean . The price is a bit higher/figures than buying the expansions. Is the "not mines" expansion and the frost one (new maps) worth it or are they "never played"? I might go and buy myself some figures afterall and then go for a 2.0 when I want to expand.

Any particular expansions one should opt in for first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just got into this game too, but I did get the Frigost expansion since it included a figure as well. I heard the Not Mines was fun, but I did not get this since it was a basically just for a new map. Anyway, I have not played with either yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.