Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I played "Lamps Out" last weekend. The biggest hangup for our group was when is an Event card effect a 1-shot deal and when is it enduring.

I know that this question is a bit opaque as I do not own a copy but, if the event card is not explicit, how long does it last?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,
I had the same question as well, which events are persistent and which only last one turn?

The token I had in mind was the East India sea raiding card for Germany. If the British do not use a ship to defeat it, does it persist and continue to raid British commerce from turn to turn? (On a dice roll it can knock down British PP by -1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!
Kirk is just finishing up a summary document with elaborations on all the cards. Basically, if the card does not say it lasts from turn to turn, it is a one-shot deal.

In the case of the East Asia Squadron (von Spee), the marker remains in the game until the fleet is defeated by a British fleet or the game moves into 1916, in which case the fleet is removed because of "timing out" (the cards effective date is 1914-1915).

Thanks!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.