Recommend
30 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2066 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [83] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: CabinCon 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: CabinCon2017 [+] cursedmoonshine [+] [View All]
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After the rousing success of Cabin Con, we're doing another one in 2017! For those that are just finding this thread, CabinCon is a long weekend for BGG WWers and Boomers that will be in a cabin(ish) the last weekend in April (the 27th-30th to be exact, but we have the place for a whole week with varied attendance). If you're interested in attending, feel free to comment or shoot me a GM!

We'll be in this house from Tuesday, April 25th through Tuesday, May 2nd and this house for Thursday-Sunday. There will be a slightly higher cost if you wish to stay beyond the 3 day weekend. Food will be incorporated into the costs. I expect the total to be less than $175 for the 3 day weekend and less than $190 if you want to stay for extra time. We currently have bed space for 5-6 people, 1-2 in the main house and 4 in the other house.

Other Important Links:
Current Housing Assignments
Rough Menu
Event Calendar
Play-and-Win Games
Math Trade Results
Games to Play Geeklist
Beer and Wine Tasting

Some convention ground rules: no kids, BYOB (but feel free to drink as much as you want), and keep the sound lower from 2am-10am. The non-main house will be the "quieter house". Spouses and friends that aren't a part of the BGG Werewolf/Boomer community are welcome! (Just know that if you vouch for them and they turn out to be axe murderers, we may be slightly miffed).

If you're a board game designer or publisher and are interested in either getting in some playtesting or sponsoring any part of CabinCon in the form of game donations, please let me know. We will be having a Play-and-Win section that we are seeking donations for.

How do I submit my deposit?

Use Chase Quick Pay/Paypal (making sure to select friends and family)/other similar system to my email: ljsaxton822@gmaildotcom (replace dot with a period). There's a $50/person deposit required to book your spot!


Current RSVPs:
Yes (39):

Silver/Mr Silver, Borgoto/GF, Lemon/Scout, Tok, Beren, Kasia/Smug, ljtrigirl, Mike/Benes, Maxie, Urza, Shawna/Slathe, Abernathy/Eddy, mono/Dennis, michelle, Tarrant, contig, Quasey, egburr, Erin, Kortemaki, annab, ortho_, xandryyte, itsbrianyay, Tanner, VikingJ, Avin (day only), stonecutter129, Nessus/irwin.


Maybe (1):
Lin Manuel-Miranda.

Note: While CabinCon 2017 is in April, CabinCon 2018 will most likely return to being Labor Day Weekend. Please keep this in mind for 2018 planning!
9 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Monkey
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Live Laugh Love Learn
badge
Live Laugh Love Learn
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?

Worth considering, IMO. A long Independence Day weekend would be great.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?


Not *really*. There are pretty consistent existing cons every month from the end of May through August.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?

Worth considering, IMO. A long Independence Day weekend would be great.


If you could also do July 4th weekend, thumb this post.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?

Worth considering, IMO. A long Independence Day weekend would be great.


If you absolutely CANNOT make July 4th weekend, thumb this post.
6 
 Thumb up
0.03
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Monkey
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Live Laugh Love Learn
badge
Live Laugh Love Learn
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?


Not *really*. There are pretty consistent existing cons every month from the end of May through August.


I was specifically thinking July 4th weekend as that was where you jumped to first as well before seeing that the cabin we just did was already booked.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is going to come down to a sheer numbers thing because there are already a handful of people that can't make every option.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Avatar
mb
Yeah, I almost commented on the date I can't make.
But then I was like....every date has someone that couldn't make it.
I think making it a numbers thing is probably a good idea as opposed to trying to lobby or anything.
Keep it simple.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's early for me, but I'll try to make it. It kind of depends on when the people who visit me come.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aryabi Sova
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do hope it's not 4 th of July weekend! I want everyone to come to Dice Tower con and I want to come to CabinCon!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorna Greene
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?

Was the location very good? The cabin was awesome, but the physical location seemed okay. There weren't nearby airports at all, for example.

(To be clear, I support the same cabin, I loved it, but if we don't have a driver each year from a nearby major city several hours away, I don't know how we're going to get there.)

It was picked for being centrally located, right?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takeshi
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it might be easier to coordinate if we can fly in and/or take metro/shuttle/whatever in. I did that for Rathcon and it worked well.

I did like half-cat, though it might be creepy sleeping next to some of the animals.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takeshi
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
Yeah, it might be easier to coordinate if we can fly in and/or take metro/shuttle/whatever in. I did that for Rathcon and it worked well.

I did like half-cat, though it might be creepy sleeping next to some of the animals.


How well did it work this year?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive.
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
Yeah, it might be easier to coordinate if we can fly in and/or take metro/shuttle/whatever in. I did that for Rathcon and it worked well.

I did like half-cat, though it might be creepy sleeping next to some of the animals.


LOL I assure you no one did this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Yeah, I almost commented on the date I can't make.
But then I was like....every date has someone that couldn't make it.
I think making it a numbers thing is probably a good idea as opposed to trying to lobby or anything.
Keep it simple.


I mean, in that case we should pop the same time up there too, right? This was only suggested to try and space things out, not because people couldn't make the same time, right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Monkey
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Live Laugh Love Learn
badge
Live Laugh Love Learn
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?

Was the location very good? The cabin was awesome, but the physical location seemed okay. There weren't nearby airports at all, for example.

(To be clear, I support the same cabin, I loved it, but if we don't have a driver each year from a nearby major city several hours away, I don't know how we're going to get there.)

It was picked for being centrally located, right?


I do agree on airports. The nearest airports also had limited flight time options.

The cabin was great and the general location was great for many in driving distance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Avatar
mb
RoyalApe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?

Was the location very good? The cabin was awesome, but the physical location seemed okay. There weren't nearby airports at all, for example.

(To be clear, I support the same cabin, I loved it, but if we don't have a driver each year from a nearby major city several hours away, I don't know how we're going to get there.)

It was picked for being centrally located, right?


I do agree on airports. The nearest airports also had limited flight time options.

The cabin was great and the general location was great for many in driving distance.


I don't know that we'd be able to find the same sort of cabin setup with easy access to public transportation?

I have stayed in some excellent (and large) cabins in the Smoky Mountains.
But the nearest airport to them (Knoxville, TN) is still 45 minutes away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorna Greene
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I could easily not know what I'm talking about.

I just remember struggling to find nearby, large and cheap enough flights. (Within a couple hours.) It might just be a me problem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Monkey
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Live Laugh Love Learn
badge
Live Laugh Love Learn
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?

Was the location very good? The cabin was awesome, but the physical location seemed okay. There weren't nearby airports at all, for example.

(To be clear, I support the same cabin, I loved it, but if we don't have a driver each year from a nearby major city several hours away, I don't know how we're going to get there.)

It was picked for being centrally located, right?


I do agree on airports. The nearest airports also had limited flight time options.

The cabin was great and the general location was great for many in driving distance.


I don't know that we'd be able to find the same sort of cabin setup with easy access to public transportation?

I have stayed in some excellent (and large) cabins in the Smoky Mountains.
But the nearest airport to them (Knoxville, TN) is still 45 minutes away.


I really enjoyed the drive as it gave me extra time with Bobby, Terri and Tok.

But all of the airport options were 2-4 hours away from this particular location. 45 minutes would be pretty accessible by comparison
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorna Greene
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
I really enjoyed the drive as it gave me extra time with Bobby, Terri and Tok.

But all of the airport options were 2-4 hours away from this particular location. 45 minutes would be pretty accessible by comparison

Yeah, our drive was probably one of the highlights of my trip, heh. But I would be nervous to count on available seats from someone every year, I guess. There was a lot of coordination involved with getting someone to meet me at the airport at a specific time, make sure they were driving through the right city, didn't mind leaving at a certain time, etc.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I am not Groot.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
I really enjoyed the drive as it gave me extra time with Bobby, Terri and Tok.

But all of the airport options were 2-4 hours away from this particular location. 45 minutes would be pretty accessible by comparison

Yeah, our drive was probably one of the highlights of my trip, heh. But I would be nervous to count on available seats from someone every year, I guess. There was a lot of coordination involved with getting someone to meet me at the airport at a specific time, make sure they were driving through the right city, didn't mind leaving at a certain time, etc.


I know we talked about centralizing that process, btw, and I'd be happy to be the volunteer coordinator if we don't end up in a late-April slot. (I can come to things in late April, but you don't want me coordinating your ride in early April, heh!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I do whatever the voice in my head tells me to do."
badge
"I'm an equal opportunist."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I may sound bias since I live here, but Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world and may have more convenient flight schedules for everyone. There are some great cabins in the North Georgia mountains about 90 minutes to two hours away.

I will come next year no matter where it is as long as it doesn't fall on Labor Day weekend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sanctimonia Vincet Semper
badge
What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I harbour very likely impossible desires to attend this heh.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Monkey
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Live Laugh Love Learn
badge
Live Laugh Love Learn
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
I harbour very likely impossible desires to attend this heh.


My wife is highly encouraging attending any potential EuroCon fwiw.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [83] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.