Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Cauldron Hero Question? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
So, I've been playing through a campaign with my gaming group and we encountered an odd situation with the Cauldron Expansion hero Quicksilver. The question is simple, does her card Malleable Armor allow her to shed off any damage that would reduce her past 0? For instance, I was using her power from that card to regen 3 hp each turn while my fellow (VERY LOW HP) heroes did damage, as long as I was K0'd by the Villian for the 4 hitpoints then I'd restore to 1, use the power on my turn and repeat, basically infinitely tanking. Is that seriously how the card is supposed to work? I had to double check the card because I assumed it would be a "when you do then destroy this card" kind of effect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't stop her from being incapped if she's at 1HP, so lots of plinky damage in a turn or two big hits would still incap her (so far as I can tell).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop wrote:
It only prevents dying if she's at more than 1HP. So a second hit will knock her out if she doesn't heal somehow. Since "restore" is different than regaining HP, environments or heroes that modify HP gain don't get in the mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Ok, I was just checking, the villain was just doing a single set of burst damage, so I wasn't sure if that counted, I also used Frenzied Melee's ability to take a damage redirect for another hero, but we got lucky mostly in the villain card draws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.