Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When rolling melee, do I resolve all dice rolled or resolve in the order I wish? In other words can I kill all zombies before the they attack?

Secondly there is a bus card that restates the rules. Doesn't say to take the executor token. Should it say to take the token also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book has the following:

Each result is resolved as follows:

Causality
Blanks
Opportunity Kill
Kill
Bonus Kill

As we read that you need to complete in that order. (Not sure why the blanks aren't resolved first I am assuming there is a card in there somewhere)

2) The bus token is only available for one the card. I believe you need the bus token to take advantage of the bus later in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prrt949 wrote:
The rule book has the following:

Each result is resolved as follows:

Causality
Blanks
Opportunity Kill
Kill
Bonus Kill

As we read that you need to complete in that order. (Not sure why the blanks aren't resolved first I am assuming there is a card in there somewhere)

2) The bus token is only available for one the card. I believe you need the bus token to take advantage of the bus later in the game.

Thanks. The combat makes sense.

I did see there is the phase 1 card called 'our new home' that gives the bus token but there is another phase 2 card called 'executor' that just restates the rule. That one confuses me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess CV
Sweden
flag msg tools
There is something I don't get. If I have 6 survivors that means that I take 6 dices.... Do I have to roll them all if I don't want to? I mean let's say I have to fight 6 zombies and I have to do it melee style cuz don't have any bullets.
With the first roll of 6 dice I kill 5 zombies. There is 1 zombie left, do I have to roll 6 dices again and risk all my survivors?
I mean it feels kind of stupid watch from a "story game". wouldn't it be smarter for my group to only let 1-2 of my survivors attack 1 zombie to not risk them all? (One dice means a maximum of 1 survivors dead each roll if unlucky but 5 dice means a maximum of 5 survivors dead each roll if EXTREMLY unlucky)

What do u guys think about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Harrington
msg tools
mbmb
There isn't any order to the combat. Resolve used to explain what happens on resolution of a particular die face (What the symbols mean). In effect it is all happening simultaneously. The fact its shown in a list format makes it seem a little confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Harrington
msg tools
mbmb
Novas86 wrote:
There is something I don't get. If I have 6 survivors that means that I take 6 dices.... Do I have to roll them all if I don't want to? I mean let's say I have to fight 6 zombies and I have to do it melee style cuz don't have any bullets.
With the first roll of 6 dice I kill 5 zombies. There is 1 zombie left, do I have to roll 6 dices again and risk all my survivors?
I mean it feels kind of stupid watch from a "story game". wouldn't it be smarter for my group to only let 1-2 of my survivors attack 1 zombie to not risk them all? (One dice means a maximum of 1 survivors dead each roll if unlucky but 5 dice means a maximum of 5 survivors dead each roll if EXTREMLY unlucky)

Thats dice for you I appreciate what you are saying but I think your example is on the extreme end of the probability scale. My philosophy is if you don't like something, change it to what works for you. For me it works just fine. It gives those cinematic momenents and tales to tell after the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willis Dell
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Initially, I was on the same page as you until bringing this to the table a few times. Running with a large group of survivors and being forced to roll for each of them regardless of the zombie count is just another risk vs. reward aspect of the game.

Obviously, the resources needs to keep a group of 5 or 6 or 7 survivors healthy and fighting fit would be high. There's also a higher chance of confusion and injury, so it comes down to how you want to spend your Adrenaline - getting extra kills or keeping a larger group alive.

From a flavor standpoint, I like it too, as it makes the little meeples feel more like independent people who are making their own decisions during combat (especially if you roll your dice one at a time for each character), adding to the emergent storytelling that comes from the cards and what happens as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave van Zundert
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
manaelf wrote:
There isn't any order to the combat. Resolve used to explain what happens on resolution of a particular die face (What the symbols mean). In effect it is all happening simultaneously. The fact its shown in a list format makes it seem a little confusing.
I am pretty sure you are right. You just roll all dice and take all results, good or bad. The game also would become much to easy solo if it was first all good results and then the bad. There would be no challenge at all and the game would not leave the shelf anymore very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.