GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,434 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Sylvion» Forums » Rules

Subject: A Question About Edge Cards & Blaze Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom franklin
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that 6 the of the 12 Bloom Edge must be turned over to their Desolated side. This means at the start of the game you can only sustain 6 points of Blaze Damage before losing the game.

If I play a Tree card do I get to turn over a Desolated Edge card to the Bloom side equal to the number of Vitality Points on the card? Or does the game simply play out with only 6 Bloom Edge damage standing between you and defeat?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you can only win if all 12 Edge cards are "in Bloom" at the end of the game. So, yes you will have to flip the initial 6 to their "Bloom" side, along with all the other Edge cards in play.

Tree cards are not ultimately resolved until the end of the game, in which you flip all the Desolated Edge cards to their Bloom side for each Vitality point you have remaining on the field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom franklin
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you can only win if all 12 Edge cards are "in Bloom" at the end of the game. So, yes you will have to flip the initial 6 to their "Bloom" side, along with all the other Edge cards in play.

Tree cards are not ultimately resolved until the end of the game, in which you flip all the Desolated Edge cards to their Bloom side for each Vitality point you have remaining on the field.

So this means you only have six 'hit points' (i.e. six Bloom card to turn over to Desolation cards) to lose before you lose the game, correct?

I tried my first game tonight and on the third turn between the Blazing Elementals on the board and the lack of good cards in my hand I had an unstoppable 4 and 3 Blazing Elemental that were going to hit my edge in another two turns. This meant the game was effectively over unless I could somehow 'earn' some Desolation-to-Bloom upgrades.

Or am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So this means you only have six 'hit points' (i.e. six Bloom card to turn over to Desolation cards) to lose before you lose the game, correct?

Yes, it's a bit like a 12 hit point hero (or pick your preferred genre) who startshas to start the game wounded at 50% strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you are playing the introduction game still?

The main issue with it, is that you don't have access to the more powerful cards and you have a pre made starting deck. I would switch to the main game which by default starts you with a fully healed forest (12 cards face up) and has the card drafting at the start so you have much more control.

I found I easier to win - plus it's the real game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also in the full game, there ARE cards which allow you heal during the game aren't there? (not played full yet, but seem to remember reading somewhere)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Also in the full game, there ARE cards which allow you heal during the game aren't there? (not played full yet, but seem to remember reading somewhere)

Yes the 'Stag' card allows you to either:
- Heal two burned edge cards
- Heal a number of burned edge cards equal to the number of trees on the board

He looks like a stag with trees for antlers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.