Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernie Darby
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have been watching this KS the entire time and have yet to back.

Honestly my biggest worry is it won't see the table and for 50 bucks that a lot to just get another farming game.

Big Pros for me is looks like decent two player and its farmed theme. I remember playing Among the Stars once and while I liked it I was put off by the theme. (Same is Tiny Epic Galaxies (love the game just not the theme)).

Why are you backing this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben M
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Other than the gameplay, I like the theme — it's a different take on the farming we normally see in board games. The artwork is also lovely, and I see it appealing to my game group, which is not into sci-fi or fantasy. The potential for storytelling around the table as our farms develop seems very high. I'm super excited to give it a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are you worried it won't see the table ?? Does your gaming group not like card drafting games?? Do they not like farm themes ?

If you answer yes to either of these then don't buy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am backing for the simple reason that $50 now will be cheaper than what I would spend the get the base game and expansion cards later. I could be wrong on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a word- Art.

I love the artwork and some of the ways the cards interact (Rabbits for example) make so much sense! I want to see if it actually is as tightly knit together as I think it is.

And, being a kickstarter with all the extras, if it turns out that I hate it by this time next year, I can recoup my investment and make someone else very very happy.

This is not the first game- or even the first game of this type- from this designer. The previous game of this type was/is wildly popular so I expect this one to be even better in terms of game play since the designer will have had a chance to improve things that, upon mature reflection, he thinks could have been better done.

It happens sometimes that the rough draft of a story or song or painting is better than the final draft... but not very often. If AtS was a rough draft, this is likely to be an order of magnitude better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solid looking game, great gameplay, easy setup, easy but deep, great 2 player rules, cool theme, it's just like a great game.
After seeing Rahdo's runthrough on it I was sold, if it wouldn't have been a kickstarter I would have bought it the same day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm normally not that interested in the farm theme but after watching Rhado's playthrough video, I was totally sold based on how deep and sensible the mechanics work in this setting. You just gotta watch the video through to get it.

Also, I really enjoy Imperial Settlers with how the civilization you build is used to generate resources and then you use the resources to both build more and also to activate your various buildings. FoG has a similar feel but I can play it with four players and not have to commit hours to it due to everyone taking their turns at the same time. So little downtime results in a lot of gameplay fit into a "filler" game window. Who could ask for more?

Honestly, with all the elements it has going for it, I have a funny feeling this will even see more play in my game group than our numero uno filler game, Port Royal.

Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
wren08 wrote:
And, being a kickstarter with all the extras, if it turns out that I hate it by this time next year, I can recoup my investment and make someone else very very happy.

I am not sure you'd be able to recoup. I looked at the price history of AtS and it didn't look good. There are many sales of the game + promos + expansions + other extras for less than half of the store price (example). I think the problem may be with small demand.

I love the art and the mechanics in FoG which remind me of Glen More, but I am hesitant to back it considering such a huge loss of value in case of AtS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
infi01 wrote:
wren08 wrote:

I am not sure you'd be able to recoup. I looked at the price history of AtS and it didn't look good. There are many sales of the game + promos + expansions + other extras for less than half of store price (example). I think the problem may be with small demand.

I love the art and the mechanics in FoG which remind me of Glen More, but I am hesitant to back it considering such a huge loss of value in case of AtS.

You could be right... but I'm still going to gamble on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.