Subject: Mark harrigan ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
his ability is that he cant be delayed. GREAT! but most of the cards i got said something like: "you may be delayed to get 2 spells"

or "you are delayed unless you pay 2 clues, if you pay these two clues, u close portal"

I dont know if i am able to get the rewards without being delayed or have to pay clues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is clarified in the rules reference booklet under the entry 'Mark Harrigan':

Quote:
If an effect has a choice between two or more outcomes and Mark chooses to become Delayed or to gain a Detained Condition from that effect, he is Delayed or gains a Detained Condition, respectively. Mark is not affected by effects that say “become Delayed” or “gain a Detained Condition” without a choice.
If an effect says, “Become Delayed unless,” or, “Gain a Detained Condition unless,” Mark is not affected by that effect, even if he chooses not to resolve the effect following “unless.”

So you can reap the rewards if you so choose and have Mark become Delayed or Detained, depending on the situation.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiser wrote:
This is clarified in the rules reference booklet under the entry 'Mark Harrigan' (...)

Official sources really have answers for most of the rule questions. When in doubt, Ctrl-F is one of your best friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And make sure you read his abilities closely. It says, "You cannot become Delayed or gain a Detained Condition unless you choose to." So he can still choose to become Delayed or Detained if doing so will give him some benefit that he wants. It's just that he's never forced to if he doesn't want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.