Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Halsey
United States
Sylvania
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand you pick up a purple card effectively giving up other actions such as buying a card but when you actually later lay it down to play it from your hand, is that the same as building it in that it took an action?

Or can I lay down a purple card out of my hand and also buy another card on the same action phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple card? [he asks owning the original edition and wondering if this an expansion card or something do to with the new edition]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TWrecks wrote:
I understand you pick up a purple card effectively giving up other actions such as buying a card but when you actually later lay it down to play it from your hand, is that the same as building it in that it took an action?

Or can I lay down a purple card out of my hand and also buy another card on the same action phase?

Not familiar with purple cards (2nd edition here), but playing from your hand is an action, and buying is an action, so you cannot do both on the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The purple cards are Saint Petersburg: The Banquet. From memory: The purple cards are free, but they must be taken into your hand. They are actions, but two that I can think of let you take an action: one lets you take two actions; another steals taking the first action of a round.

Edit: These are in 2nd edition, as an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.