Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just found this game over the weekend (shocking, I know) and I love collector's editions and variants and the like that really make old games snazzy. Easy way to do it would be some acryllic chips and foil cards or maybe a playmat sorta set up. I haven't heard word of one after a cursory google search but it's something to consider if it hasn't been thought of
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be something next year for the 10th anniversary. I don't think it has been confirmed that it will be 10th anniversary edition but there was some speculation / wishing what people would like if it was:

RftG Wishlist (10th Anniversary)

I'd be happy (and but it straight away) if it just the current base set plus the unreleased New Worlds promo set of six new start worlds.

Here's the most recent quote I'm aware of:

Tom Lehmann wrote:
Next year is Race's 10th anniversary. We hope to have some neat presents for you all, as well as stuff for Roll fans, plus New Frontiers, etc.
(source)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not be too keen on foil cards. Too much like Magic. Acrylic VP chips ? I would rather have a small VP score track. Of course you would have to have a separate marker to track total VP "chips" of all players. With this, I would never have to count out VP chips before a game again. That would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
With this, I would never have to count out VP chips before a game again. That would be awesome.

With enough chips then you can avoid it anyway. I have 7 players worth of chips from Base, TGS, RvI, AA. I have them bagged as 3p, 2p, 1p (with 13 in another box as spares). I never need to count chips before a game and only need to separate out the chips afterwards if I play 4-6p. With a second base set (or anniversary edition) I could make up a set for 4 players (or 5 or 6 but I probably play 4p more than 5p).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
pfctsqr wrote:
With this, I would never have to count out VP chips before a game again. That would be awesome.

With enough chips then you can avoid it anyway. I have 7 players worth of chips from Base, TGS, RvI, AA. I have them bagged as 3p, 2p, 1p (with 13 in another box as spares). I never need to count chips before a game and only need to separate out the chips afterwards if I play 4-6p. With a second base set (or anniversary edition) I could make up a set for 4 players (or 5 or 6 but I probably play 4p more than 5p).

Do you trust yourself they all get returned to the bags?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as it's someone who knows the system doing it. We've been doing it for over a year and I think the only time it it was wrong was when someone who didn't now our system did it. I don't see it's any more likely to be wrong than counting out at the start of the game (and at lower player counts I usually sanity check it anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
I would not be too keen on foil cards. Too much like Magic. Acrylic VP chips ? I would rather have a small VP score track. Of course you would have to have a separate marker to track total VP "chips" of all players. With this, I would never have to count out VP chips before a game again. That would be awesome.
The "total VP" track would mean you'd still have to count them anyways, except here, it's during the game. Same difference to me, although I take it you'd rather do it this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually in favor that if you can get the same job done with fewer components, it's a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:

Use the board from XI and you have the solution that you desire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
XI ?
I'm new to this game too... I know, shocking!...and i need to secure a copy too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dipakSomak wrote:
XI ?
I'm new to this game too... I know, shocking!...and i need to secure a copy too!
I didn't know that Xeno Invasion had a board either!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board looks like a scoreboard, 1-~40.
In XI, players track their strength against Xeno (can see from board state), the total of the players' strength and the Xeno Invasion strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.