3 Posts

Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: Got my game, punched it, wanna talk MNE? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Glad to get my copy out of shrink and go through all the components. All in all Im very happy. There are a few issues with some colour bleed on the Roman player screen, control markers freying a bit, and the big map is a bit dark. All small problems and don't affect my opinion that Academy Games produces quality games.

Now I haven't played yet but do have some initial opinions I'd like to get some feedback on, and they all are concerning the expansion.

The base game looks great and well balanced. Looking and reading through the heroes I can see how each of them is useful under certain circumstances, but those expansion heroes..... Im not convinced I want to add any of them!

My game group is usually 6 players so I'm glad to get Atlas as a 6th faction, but I get the feeling that the expansion heroes were not well thought out and are mostly /meh. On the flip side I think the KS exclusives will be useful and I will add them to the deck.

Has anyone picked out the best of the expansion heroes and added them to the basic game heroes deck, leaving out the ones that are too situational or specifically deal with the expansion content? Interested in how peopel are using the expansion content besides adding the full set of rules to their game.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to play my very first game this Saturday (to celebrate my birthday). I am yet to delve into the rules, but boy oh boy am I looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
Looking and reading through the heroes I can see how each of them is useful under certain circumstances, but those expansion heroes..... Im not convinced I want to add any of them!

My game group is usually 6 players so I'm glad to get Atlas as a 6th faction, but I get the feeling that the expansion heroes were not well thought out and are mostly /meh.

You must have received a different version of the game than the one I got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.