GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,957 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Dr. Eureka» Forums » General

Subject: Dr. Eureka Floor Model rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Coe
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I took my 2 little girls to my FLGS and they loved the floor model of the Dr. Eureka game.
I thought this is great, can I buy it? and the clerk paraded out this mini marble version of the awesome floor model.
My girls didn't even give the small version a 2nd look, and went back to the "fun one." I asked if I could buy the game for the girls and they replied was "only if you get the fun big one."
The clerk said they only got the floor model by buying "x" amount of the regular game.

So, now I'm on this site seeing if anyone knows a way to get the bigger version of this game for my girls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Ahh, the giant version conundrum...

If we hadn't made the giant version, would you ever have known about the game? But now that you know about the game, would you ever want the retail version?...

We make a bunch of different giant size versions of our games, so I get this question all the time at conventions ("How can I buy the BIG one?"). Technically, we are not allowed to sell the giant size versions because they don't have a UPC and they aren't made with the same standards as our retail versions. HOWEVER, we have made exceptions to this rule in the past. One time, we hooked up a wedding with a collection of our giant size early kids games Pengoloo, Gobblet Gobblers, and Chickyboom. #BestWeddingEver

Personally, I think you should get your kids to at least try playing with the retail size. (somewhere far away from the distractions of the giant size version). I really think they will enjoy their experience. We make our retail games at a size we truly believe will be the most fun for you. Dr. Eureka in particular is great at retail size. Sure it loses some of the flashiness of the giant size. But the retail size is made of a hard plastice that speeds up the game (because players can no longer pinch the tubes shut) and adds in a sound element that is one of my all time favorite game sounds (right up there with hungry hungry hippos, jenga, poker chips, and perfection). Plus the game fits in a box that fits on your shelf. Really, the retail size is where its at.

But, if you still have your heart set on it: You can email customerservice@blueorangegames.com and try to convince them to let you speak to a sales rep about buying a copy of the giant size version of Dr. Eureka -- but I doubt it will be very fruitful. I think your best bet is to get a bunch of people to reach out to different retailers until you can convince one of them to let you buy a giant version from them on the #DownLow.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jure Gantar
Slovenia
Ajdovščina
flag msg tools
Not sure, but this could be it?
http://www.philibertnet.com/en/blue-orange/46513-dr-eureka-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.