Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Frahm
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much better is the app with an Ipad Vs say a computer? I'd be interested in knowing because I'm considering getting a tablet for this game. I like the idea of tapping the options that come up rather than manipulating a mouse. Also are the puzzles sliding puzzles and best played on a tablet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The app works fine with an Ipad mini, though some peeps prefer a larger screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game on a phone, a tablet and a PC and I think that they all provide a pretty similar experience.

However I preferred the PC version simply because I have my PC connected to a large TV and home cinema system so everybody in the room can see what's going on and the audio adds to the game massively. Using a wireless mouse to pass around the table everybody was able to do their own turns and it was great fun.

On a phone or tablet I found that one person generally uses the app and reads everything out to the other players, keeps track of damage, clicks icons, etc. and while that's fine I didn't think that it was quite as good as having it displayed on a TV - it's no better or worse, it's just different
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
mbmbmbmbmb
The big difference I notice is that the pc is much faster when starting up and loading screens. It is not a game changer but it is noticeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're identical in terms of function, but I like having an iPad at the table due to the portability; how easy it is to have the screen where everyone can see it and be able to pass it around.

I've thought about using the PC version to hook it up to my TV, but using the iPad is just a little more convenient for my gaming group.

Plus I tend to bring this game to other friends' houses or to our FLGS, so being able to bring the tablet is nice.

But overall, go with what you think will be best for your needs and your group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hayes
United States
Austin
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iPad + Apple TV or the Android equivalent is the best experience. Blast the sound effects and narration through the good sound system, occupy that dead black rectangle whose shape and function seems to change with the capriciousness of its viewers.goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.