Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Guenther
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Our group decided we didn't like losing our night action when we got stuck with the fear token. It's just disappointing to be excited for your role, then you find out that you just have to sleep through the night. We found we just never used the count.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Our solution was to change the effect of the fear token. Instead of losing your night action, your vote simply doesn't count. This still thematically matches a fear effect, and the player gets to fully participate right up until the end. And everyone should still actually try to vote, because the fear token may not be where you think it is.

We've tried this and liked it. What do you think? Does anyone have any other suggestions to making this mark more fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I like the idea, remember it is a good bluffing aspect.

The drunk is a "bad" role in the sense that you never want to get it, but it is great to reduce suspicion on yourself. If people believe your card ended up being a wolf you can respond by saying "but I was drunk and I shoved that card in the middle"

As a vampire I can say I was the seer but got a fear token so I could not do anything. Now people have to decide which of the two seers is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems interesting.

I'm fine with the getting the fear token because while it doesn't allow you to do your role, it does give you information that a Count is present.

But your house rule seems perfectly fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.