Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all - for everything you ever wanted to know about designing the inside of a box, and a comprehensive look at our insanely busy August, hit up the Kickstarter page!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chiptheorygames/too-man...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking down the storage solution for the box, it looks amazing.

Looks like you've got enough room for up to 12 mats in there (which would be seven characters + the map for anyone all-in, leaving room for four more... oooooh...)

But I'm guessing you'll only get four gearlocs worth of dice in there? Is there going to be any provision for fitting all seven sets of Gearloc dice in the box? Or will the extra Gearlocs come with some equivalent storage solution? Would be a shame to not get everything into one or two nice looking boxes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uy T

orange
California
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you read the description, you get 2-4 trays, and each tray fits 2 gearlocs worth of dice, so you have capacity for up to 8 gearloc dice sets.

I'm assuming they give you trays based on your order, so base game only comes with 2. If you added on 3 characters, you would get all 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nalgae wrote:
If you read the description, you get 2-4 trays, and each tray fits 2 gearlocs worth of dice, so you have capacity for up to 8 gearloc dice sets.

I'm assuming they give you trays based on your order, so base game only comes with 2. If you added on 3 characters, you would get all 4.

RTFM'd blush

Ha, fair enough - I'd read the sentence:

Quote:
We love this design as it allows you to pull out your removable trays, toss them across the table to fellow Gearloc players and it becomes a part of the game area (stores their skill dice close to them until they unlock them and place them on their character mat).

...and assumed 1 tray per Gearloc.

But you are quite right, higher up it notes that each tray stores enough for two Gearlocs. I suspect they'll give all four trays to each backer - that would be one tray per Gearloc for base backers (which fulfils the above awesome vision) whilst providing storage for "gotta have 'em all" backers like myself !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.